iOS: Closed beta release 1 (July 16, 2019)
Minecraft Earth is an upcoming augmented reality (AR) mobile game.
In Minecraft Earth, players can build structures with other players and "place them in the real world at life-size".
This version of Minecraft features many unique gameplay aspects and interactions similar to the main game.
This is not a port of an existing game, and is an adaption of Minecraft (Bedrock), and Minecraft: Java Edition. This version of the game is built off the Bedrock Engine.
This version of Minecraft utilizes Xbox Live.
Build plates can vary from size, reaching up to 200 feet (60 metres). Using the shop, players can upgrade the size of their plot, or buy a new plot. Plots can also be earned via a leveling system.
Once a build is complete, if the player want to have a persistent hologram of their world pinned somewhere, it would need to be reviewed before its pinned.
People who are not invited can interact with the pinned world locally; once they leave said world everything will be reset. Only invited individuals can change the real world and take resources from it, non invited players cannot collect resources.
Build Plates can be seen through the world as pinned worlds, and can be opened to explore and interact with. To get your own, you will need to level up or purchase them through the store.
The game has been confirmed to have full microtransactions. The in game currency is Rubies, which is not to be confused with Minecoins.
They can be used to purchase:
- Build plots
The closed beta for Minecraft Earth was launched for AR-compatible devices with iOS in the following cities:
- July 16, 2019
- July 17, 2019
- July 18, 2019
- Mexico City, Mexico
The closed beta for Minecraft Earth will be launched for AR-compatible devices with Android in the first five cities the closed iOS beta was also launched in (London, Seattle, Stockholm, Tokyo, Mexico City).
- August 22, 2019
Pre-registration for the full game on the Google Play Store and registration for the closed beta on the Minecraft Earth site becomes available. The closed beta should become available next week (Week of August 26).
According to the sign-up page:
|OS||iOS 10.0 or later||Android 7.0 "Nougat" or later|
|Compatible devices||iPod touch (7th Gen)
iPhone (6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR)
iPad (5th & 6th Gen, Air 3)
iPad Mini (5th Gen)
iPad Pro (1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen)
- Google Play Store
- "Earth FAQ" – Minecraft.net, May 17, 2019.
- "LONDON and SEATTLE, you’re up! As the first two cities to go live in the Minecraft Earth closed beta, all eyes are on you and your life-sized minetacular (specblockular?) creations!" – @minecraftearth, July 16, 2019
- "Seattle and London are already live, and now it’s time to welcome STOCKHOLM to the block party! Södermalm or Kungsholmen, which part of the city will prove to be the most creative?" – @minecraftearth, July 17, 2019
- "TOKYO! Home of the historical and the hyper-modern, cat cafés and muddy pigs. Wait, what? Yes! Tokyo is the fourth city to join the Minecraft Earth closed beta." – @minecraftearth, July 17, 2019
- "The Minecraft Earth closed beta is now live in MEXICO CITY! Five cities are up and running – we can’t wait to see what you create!" – @minecraftearth, July 18, 2019
- "Android players, we’ve heard your call. Next week, we'll be bringing the #MinecraftEarth beta to your devices! Make sure to sign up now for your chance to join the fun!" – @minecraftearth, August 22, 2019