Necromancers, also known as Summoners, are powerful undead hostile mobs found in Minecraft Dungeons that can summon undead mobs. They look similar to the Nameless One but are slightly smaller, about 2.5 blocks tall, and wear a purple robe with blue markings.
- Creeper Woods (only on Apocalypse difficulty)
- Creepy Crypt (only on Apocalypse difficulty)
- Cacti Canyon (only on Adventure or Apocalypse difficulty)
- Desert Temple
- Lower Temple
The Necromancer is a large skeleton that wears blue turfs, a cape with blue stripes near the end, a golden belt with a blue gem in the middle, has greenish eyes, and wears a gold crown-like headwear. Necromancers always hold a staff with a blue orb placed upon a stick.
Necromancers use their staff to summon zombies and armored zombies to attack players. They summon mobs much more often than the Nameless One. After summoning, they'll flee and keep a distance from the player, and then summon mobs again. Necromancers also rapidly fire damaging laser orbs from their staff to players. The laser orbs deal less damage than the zombie's melee attack but more damage than the skeleton's range attack.
- Internally, the Necromancer is known as the Summoner.
- The Necromancer also has legs, unlike the Nameless One which has none.
- The Necromancer is one of the most powerful non-boss hostile mob in Minecraft Dungeons, along with Royal Guards, Wraiths, Spawners, Leapleaves, Enchanters, Geomancers, Wind Callers, Diamond Armored Pillagers, Ravagers, Squall Golems, Diamond Armored Vindicators, and the Rampart Captain. They are also the only non-boss mobs that have a staff with an orb.
A Necromancer receiving the Nameless One's power.