The Evoker is an illager and a miniboss found in Minecraft Dungeons. It appears frequently on lower difficulties and appears as a boss in Pumpkin Pastures. It even spawns in levels where illagers are not normally found like the Desert Temple and the Lower Temple. When spawned, a music soundtrack plays.
The Evoker's appearance in Minecraft Dungeons is similar to its default counterpart in the base game, however, The Evoker in Minecraft Dungeons is slightly bigger than other illagers, about 3 blocks tall. Its robe also uses a different black-purple color scheme instead of black from its default variant.
The Evoker has 2 attacks. It starts by summoning a stream of fangs then calls in a group of vexes. While not attacking, it attempts to stay a certain distance from the players by running.
The Evoker raises its hands, enveloped in a yellow aura, then lowers them, summoning a stream of fangs out of the ground to hurt approaching players, then snap shut. The fangs appear in one of the three formations. The first is a line of 7 fangs from the Evoker towards the targeted player, the second is a circle of 12 fangs around the Evoker, and the third is simply fangs scattered around the Evoker. This is its most powerful attack.
The Evoker raises its hands, enveloped in a purple aura, summoning 4 vexes in a circle around it.
The Evoker raises its hands and calls other mobs nearby for help. This triggers mobs to approach the evoker slowly and attack the player.
|File:Boss sample.ogg||Boss Music Sample|
|Dungeons Beta||Added Evoker|
- In the Evoker's boss fight theme, there is a "wololoo" heard in it. It’s a reference to a sound they make in the base game while turning a blue sheep red.
- The sound itself is a reference to another Microsoft franchise, Age of Empires, where the priest unit can turn enemy units into friendly units (changing the unit's color in the process) after making a "wololoo" sound.
- The Evoker is one of the few mobs to be both a boss and a miniboss, the others being the Illusioner and the Redstone Golem.
- Unlike in default Minecraft, the spawned vexes die upon the evoker's death, unless made a player's ally using the Love Medallion.
- When the Evoker dies, it plays a new ghost screaming in the background with its death sounds. This screaming sound can also be heard in some levels such as the graveyard in the Creeper Woods.
- Unlike normal Minecraft, Minecraft Dungeons has only one Evoker.
- Because the Evoker was added in the Beta, it is the first boss to be added in Minecraft Dungeons.
- The amount of health depends on the difficulty. On Default Mode, it has 240 to 2,400 HP, on Adventure Mode, it has 2,400 to 12,480 HP, and on Apocalypse Mode, it has 12,480 to 59,000 HP.
- When the Enchanter enchants the Evoker, it's HP increases by only 30%.
The Evoker appearing as a Mini-Boss.