May 26, 2020
~600.15 MB (Beta)
|This article may need cleanup to improve its quality, possibly to comply with the style guide. [ ]|
Please help the Minecraft Wiki clean up this page if you can.
The specific instructions are: Article needs a complete rewrite and expansion with now-known information.
Minecraft Dungeons is an action-adventure role-playing video game developed by Mojang Studios, Xbox Game Studios, and Double Eleven. It was released on May 26, 2020, for PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Xbox Game Pass. The base edition of the game is available for US$19.99, and the Hero Edition for US$29.99, which includes DLC.
The game supports up to four players and features various new weapons, items, and mobs, as well as a variety of environments to explore and an overarching quest that'll see players face off against a main antagonist, called the Arch-Illager.
The game has specific quests and locations, along with procedurally generated elements. The player is not restricted to one class, and can pick up more armor or weapons and use them. Players will not build or mine because the game is focused on action/adventure. The game will take place both above ground and below. Players can re-play levels they have previously beaten. There is a camp "hub world" that takes place in part of the tutorial level, Squid Coast. Levels are procedurally generated, and Mojang was considering using World Seeds.
Players can choose their avatar from a variety of skins provided, with more to come as paid DLC. Character creator skins and skins purchased in vanilla Minecraft will not be available for use in Dungeons.
The game was announced at MINECON Earth 2018. It appears as a visually enhanced version of the base Minecraft game, but has a different gameplay style. The game is inspired by classic dungeon crawlers. On September 17, 2019, Double Eleven announced that they are assisting Mojang Studios and Xbox Game Studios with development, particularly with multiplayer and the console versions.
Minecraft Dungeons was given an April 2020 release date in November 2019, though this date was delayed to May 26, 2020, due to the outbreak of COVID-19. The closed beta for the game ran from March 25 to April 24, 2020. Minecraft Dungeons, in either the US$19.99 Base Game/Standard Edition or the US$29.99 Hero Edition (includes Hero Pass), is available on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
The game's environment uses the Bedrock Codebase.
|English (United States)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|English (United Kingdom)||Yes||N/A||Yes|
Minecraft Dungeons: The Rise of the Arch-Illager
Minecraft Dungeons: The Rise of the Arch-Illager is an upcoming novel by American author Matt Forbeck. It is scheduled to be published by Del Rey Books on July 7, 2020.
- "Minecraft: Dungeons is made in the Unreal Engine" – PCGamesN, June 11, 2019.
- minecraft.net/dungeons – March 31, 2020
- Minecraft: Dungeons ESRB Rating
- Minecraft: Dungeons DEJUS Rating
- Minecraft: Dungeons PEGI Rating
- Minecraft GRB Rating
- ACB Rating
- "User Downloading Minecraft: Dungeouns Beta" – Twitter, April 1, 2020.
- Minecraft: Dungeons announced for PC - IGN, September 29, 2018
- "Minecraft: Dungeons – Mojang unearths a bit more info" – GameInformer, May 17, 2019.
- Mojang announces Minecraft: Dungeons - Polygon, September 29, 2018
- "Announcement: Minecraft Dungeons" – Double11.com, September 17, 2019.
- "Minecraft Dungeons live demo! Release month! Cows!" .
- "Minecraft Dungeons launching May 26" – Minecraft.net
- "Minecraft Dungeons FAQ" – Minecraft Help. "The closed beta will run from March 25 to April 24 at 11am CEST (2am PDT)."
- "A big thanks to everyone who participated in the Minecraft Dungeons closed beta! We'll be closing the feedback and bug categories for now but we'll see you again come May 26th!" – @mattgartzke, April 24, 2020