Minecart with Command Block
Height: 0.7 Blocks
|This feature is exclusive to Java Edition and Bedrock Edition.|
The minecart with command block is obtainable only using the command
/give @s command_block_minecart, as it has no crafting recipe. It can also be summoned using the command
/summon command_block_minecart. It can be broken like any other minecart, but only the minecart is retained, while the command block is lost.
The minecart with command block combines the functionalities of both minecarts and command blocks. Although the minecart visually contains an Impulse command block, it functions more similarly to a Repeating command block, and runs its command once every four game ticks when on an active activator rail. When it passes over a detector rail with a comparator connected next to it, it outputs the command block's result.
|Sound||Subtitle||Source||Description||Namespaced ID||Translation key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation distance|
|Minecart rolls||Friendly Creatures||Plays when the minecart is moving||?||?||16|
|Minecart with Command Block||Namespaced ID||Translation key|
|Minecart with Command Block||Namespaced ID||Numeric ID||Translation key|
Minecarts with command blocks have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the entity.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all minecarts see Template:Nbt inherit/vehicle/template
- Command: The command entered into the minecart.
- SuccessCount: Represents the strength of the analog signal output by redstone comparators attached to this minecart. Only updated when the minecart is activated with an activator rail.
- LastOutput: The last line of output generated by the minecart. Still stored even if the gamerule commandBlockOutput is false. Appears in the GUI of the minecart when right-clicked, and includes a timestamp of when the output was produced.
- TrackOutput: 1 or 0 (true/false) - Determines whether the LastOutput is stored. Can be toggled in the GUI by clicking a button near the "Previous Output" textbox. Caption on the button indicates current state: "O" if true,"X" if false.
|1.7.2||13w39a||Added minecart with command block.|
|1.9||15w34a||The texture of the command block in the minecart has been removed due to the new texture and types for the command block.|
|15w35a||The texture of the command block has been changed.|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID has been changed from |
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 422.|
|pre5||The entity ID has been changed to |
|1.14||18w43a||The textures of the minecart with command block has been changed.|
|1.0.5||alpha 188.8.131.52||Added minecart with command block. The minecart has a repeating command block in it, instead of an impulse command block.|
|1.1.0||alpha 184.108.40.206||The entity ID has been changed from |
|1.9.0||?||The inventory texture of the minecart with command block has been changed to match Java Edition's.|
|1.10.0||beta 220.127.116.11||The texture of the minecart with command block has been changed.|
A minecart with command block in 13w39b.
A minecart command block testing the block in the red area with air.