Minecart with TNT
dec: 407 hex: 197 bin: 110010111
Minecarts with TNT cannot be directly retrieved by attacking them, as they will just drop a minecart and a TNT; however the two items can be crafted back together.
Minecart with TNT will detonate on these conditions:
- It moves over a powered Activator Rail (after 4 second delay like the TNT block).
- It is hit by a fire charge (also with a 4 second delay)
- It hits the ground with a downward velocity of it falling more than three blocks, unless landing on any form of rail.
- It is destroyed while in motion. (Does not explode if destroyed by a player in Creative mode.)
- It is destroyed by fire, lava or an explosion.
- It turns on a curved track too fast, with a solid block or entity located beside the track (in the previous movement direction).
- It is hit by a flaming arrow. (Explosion size is dependent on the speed of the arrow)
- It is pressed into a block or entity and has velocity.
Upon detonation, it will act as normal TNT, exploding and damaging nearby scenery, players, and entities. Upon detonation after activating on activator rail, it will not destroy its rails and the blocks the rail is on, however other nearby carts can. The faster the minecart, the more powerful the explosion.
Minecart with TNT will bounce off of other minecarts and cannot be linked to a Minecart with Furnace.
Minecarts with TNT have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the entity. Their entity ID is
|1.5||13w02a||Added minecart with TNT.|
|13w03a||Minecart with TNT will now no longer destroy nearby rails and rail supports during explosion.|
|1.8||14w11a||Minecart with TNT explosions will now no longer stack.|
|14w26a||Minecart with TNT can now be detonated using arrows on fire.|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID for minecart with TNT has now been changed from |
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 407.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.14.0||build 1||Added minecart with TNT.|
|1.1||build 1||The entity ID has now been changed from |
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Patch 1||Added TNT minecarts.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|0.1.0||Added Minecart with TNT.|
|Emits smoke when destroyed.|
- A direct hit from three merged minecarts with TNT can reduce a fully diamond armored player to half a heart.
The 13w02a banner, with a minecart with TNT and a hopper.
Dinnerbone showing how TNT carts have controlled explosions.