The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Minecart with TNT
Height: 0.7 Blocks
Minecarts with TNT cannot be directly retrieved by attacking them, as they just drop a minecart and a TNT; however the two items can be crafted back together.
Minecart with TNT detonates on these conditions:
- It moves over a powered Activator Rail (after a 4 second delay like the TNT block).
- It hits the ground with a downward velocity of it falling more than three blocks, unless landing on any form of rail.
- It is destroyed while in motion. (Does not explode if destroyed by a player in Creative mode.)
- It is destroyed by fire, lava or an explosion.
- It turns on a curved track too fast, with a solid block or entity located beside the track (in the previous movement direction).
- It is hit by a flaming arrow. (Explosion size is dependent on the speed of the arrow)
- It is pressed into a block or entity and has velocity.
- In Java Edition, it is hit by a fire charge (after about a 2 second delay).
Upon detonation, it acts as normal TNT, exploding and damaging nearby blocks, players, and entities. Upon detonation after activating on activator rail, it does not destroy its rails and the blocks the rail is on, however other nearby carts can.[Java Edition only] The faster the minecart, the more powerful the explosion. More than one minecart can be placed on the same rail block, allowing many of them to fit into a single block. When touched, they will explode, dealing large amounts of damage.
Minecart with TNT bounces off of other minecarts and cannot be linked to a minecart with furnace.
|This page would benefit from the addition of more sounds.|
Please remove this notice once you've added suitable sounds to the article. The specific instructions are: priming
|Sound||Subtitle||Source||Description||Namespaced ID||Translation key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation distance|
|Minecart rolls||Friendly Creatures||Plays when the minecart is moving||?||?||16|
|Minecart with TNT||Namespaced ID||Translation key|
|Minecart with TNT||Namespaced ID||Numeric ID||Translation key|
Minecarts with TNT have entity data associated with them that contain various properties of the entity.
|1.5||13w02a||Added minecart with TNT.|
|13w03a||Minecart with TNT no longer destroys nearby rails and rail supports during explosion.|
|1.8||14w11a||Minecart with TNT explosions no longer stack.|
|14w26a||Minecart with TNT can now be detonated using arrows on fire.|
|1.11||16w32a||The entity ID for minecart with TNT has now been changed from |
|1.12||1.12-pre6||No longer instantly explode when hit with fire charges; instead, they explode as if primed by an activator rail.|
|1.13||17w47a||Prior to The Flattening, this item's numeral ID was 407.|
|1.14||18w43a||The textures of minecart with TNT has now been updated.|
|19w11a||Minecart with TNT explosions now have a 100% drop rate.|
|1.15||Pre-release 1||The model of minecart with TNT has now been changed.|
|Pre-release 3||The model of minecart with TNT has now been changed back to the 18w43a model.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.14.0||build 1||Added minecart with TNT.|
|1.1.0||alpha 220.127.116.11||The entity ID has now been changed from |
|1.10.0||beta 18.104.22.168||The textures of minecart with TNT has now been updated.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added minecart with TNT.|
|1.90||The textures of minecart with TNT has now been updated.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|0.1.0||Added minecart with TNT.|
|Minecart with TNT emits smoke particles when destroyed.|
- A direct hit from three merged minecarts with TNT can reduce a fully diamond armored player to half a heart. However, if the TNT minecarts explode, they won't destroy any rails.
The 13w02a banner, with a minecart with TNT and a hopper.
Dinnerbone showing how TNT carts have controlled explosions.