On August 8, 2017, it was announced that MineCon 2017, titled "MineCon Earth", would take place on November 18, 2017, in the form of a 90 minute interactive livestream. It featured Lydia Winters and Will Arnett as the hosts.
Community Events[edit | edit source]
Announced at the same time were official community events, hosted by community-led partners such as Minefaire, Minevention and Blockfest. These partners (along with many more to come) have gained the official stamp of approval to throw authentic in-person Minecraft experiences. Attendees will get to meet their favourite YouTubers and streamers, compete in tournaments and costume contests, see unique content and more.
Events[edit | edit source]
Mob Vote[edit | edit source]
Watchers will be able to vote for a new mob to be added into the game, out of 4 options (pictured). People can vote via a Twitter vote, and the three mobs that do not win the vote will be "gone forever".
Mob A[edit | edit source]
Mob A, "The Monster of the Ocean Depths", is an ocean creature that sucks players down with its tentacle. The mob spawns in the Deep Ocean biome and has a large mouth that it uses to propel itself through the water. Jeb says that viewers should vote for Mob A because there is currently not a lot of content in the oceans, and it would make a good challenge for players travelling across the ocean. Mob A was eliminated after the first poll.
Mob B[edit | edit source]
Mob B, Phantoms, (Previously known as "The Monster of the Night Skies"), is a flying creature that seeks out and attacks players who haven't slept in a long time. It spawns at high altitudes in the air, and attacks in groups. Jeb says that viewers should vote for Mob B because there were no flying monsters in the Overworld yet. Mob B won the vote, and was added into the game in snapshot 18w07a, with the name of Phantom.
Mob C[edit | edit source]
Mob C, "The Great Hunger", is a lizard like creature that sinks into the ground, camouflages itself and consumes mobs and items with its huge mouth. It has a "great appetite for enchanting powers" and Jeb says that viewers should vote for Mob C because players may be able to use the mob's abilities to add or remove enchantments for players' own items. Mob C was eliminated after the third poll.
Mob D[edit | edit source]
Mob D, "The Hovering Inferno", is a type of blaze. Its body parts look like shields and are used to defend itself from attack. This mob spawns with groups of blazes randomly and attacks the player in the Nether with its dangerous shock wave attack. Jeb says that viewers should vote for Mob D because it would make the Nether "even more scarier and exciting".  Mob D was eliminated after the second poll.
Results[edit | edit source]
At 30 minutes into the event, Mob A lost the vote and was eliminated. 30 minutes after that, Mob D was also eliminated. After 20 more minutes, Mob B won the vote, eliminating mob C. Mob B will be released alongside Update Aquatic.
Trailers[edit | edit source]
- MineCon Earth
- Community Events
- New Mob
References[edit | edit source]
- "Announcing... MINECON Earth" – Minecraft.net, August 8, 2017
- "Announcing... Official Minecraft Community Events" – Minecraft.net, August 8, 2017
- “HUGE ANNOUCEMENT KLAXON: On November 18th, you can vote for a new mob to be added to Minecraft during MINECON Earth!” – @Minecraft, November 2, 2017
- “At this year's MINECON Earth, YOU decide which mob makes it into the game. Will you vote for Mob A, the Monster of the Ocean Depths? Get acquainted here!” – @Minecraft, November 14, 2017
- "It's nearly time for MINECON Earth's Mob Vote! Will you vote to add Mob B, the Monster of the Night Skies to Minecraft? Find out all about it here!" - @minecraft, November 15, 2017
- "MINECON Earth's Mob Vote approaches! Will you vote for Mob C, The Great Hunger? Satisfy your appetite for FACTS here." - @minecraft, November 15, 2017
- "Choose which mob makes it into Minecraft during this year's MINECON Earth! Will you vote for Mob D, the Hovering Inferno? Here's why you might:" - @minecraft, November 15, 2017
External Links[edit | edit source]