- When a damaged item with this enchantment is equipped (in the main or secondary hand, or on the armor slots for armor pieces), the collected XP orbs will repair the item at a rate of 2 durability points per XP orb, instead of being added to the player's total experience gauge.
- If multiple equipped items have the enchantment and need to be repaired, one is randomly selected for each XP orb collected. (No item or location has priority for repair).
- If no equipped items need to be repaired, the experience is added to the player's total experience gauge as normal.
- Experience gained by fishing with a fishing rod.
- Experience earned from removing a smelted item from a furnace.
- Experience collected from killing a mob. An XP farm can be used to restore any damaged item that is enchanted by Mending.
Mending and Infinity are mutually exclusive, meaning that only one enchantment can be granted on a given item in a survival based world. However, if combined using commands, both enchantments function as normal.
|Name||Namespaced ID||Translation key|
|Name||Namespaced ID||Numeric ID||Translation key|
|15w44a||Mending is now available at lower enchantment levels.|
|1.11.1||16w50a||Infinity and Mending are now mutually exclusive.|
|1.16||20w06a||Mending now repairs only items that are damaged instead of picking items at random.|
|1.1.0||alpha 18.104.22.168||Added Mending.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU43||CU33||1.36||Patch 13||1.0.1||Added Mending.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|