Main page relation
I believe the links on the sidebar should be closer and in sync to what is on the main page. For example there are many more links on the official links section of the main page than the sidebar. – Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Edit count 10:09, 23 April 2013 (UTC)
- While you may see this link as useful, it does not benefit the wider community and therefore does not need to go on the sidebar. –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Edits 11:59, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
I think we need a discussion of what should be and what does not need to be on the sidebar. Pages like the Steam community, Minecraft Museum, Server list, Classic server list and IRC are not pages that are necessary under the Minecraft subgroup, and perhaps the sidebar should correspond more towards the main page (e.g. with pages such as Smelting, Brewing etc). –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Contribs 05:43, 5 June 2015 (UTC)
- We already have some pages like the smelting and brewing under "Useful pages", but I agree some of the "Minecraft" pages could go. Specifically:
- The Steam community claims to be unofficial, and even should it be official, it hardly seems to be a worthwhile resource, since Minecraft is not on Steam.
- The server list is linked directly from the forums (since it is a sub section of the forums), so I would remove it as we already link the hub site. The classic server I would also remove since it is outdated (as it seems to be for an outdated version of the game)
- I have never heard of Minecraft Museum other then in the sidebar. They were apparently a partner of the Minecraft Wiki, but I am unsure if that is still true. If it is still a partner, I would keep it similarly to the forums.
- The Minecraft Wiki IRC is hardly used anymore, and the #Minecraft channel gets almost nothing related to minecraft posted on it. I would also agree to removing that.
- –KnightMiner t/c 16:43, 5 June 2015 (UTC)
Some time ago, HelenAngel said, "One of the devs noticed that the official Minecraft Twitch & Beam channels aren't listed on the sidebar here. How do I get them added? For reference- twitch.tv/Minecraft & beam.pro/Minecraft". See Talk:Minecraft Wiki#How do we add links to the sidebar?. Could an admin please add these links underneath the "Links" section in order for them to appear on the sidebar? Thanks, Maethoredhel (t • c • ) 17:21, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
- Looks like the twitter page is in the sidebar. 19:31, 3 January 2017 (UTC)
Link blocks to block
Could somebody changed the link to "blocks" under "useful pages" so that it instead links to block? Currently it goes to the blocks disambiguation page. (make the source "block|blocks" instead of "blocks|blocks")--Madminecrafter12Talk • Contributions 16:45, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support for obvious reasons. - MinecraftPhotos4U (talk) 15:39, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
- Already Done by Dinoguy1000.--T • C 16:07, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
- I can't think of a good place for it on the main page, and not for in the sidebar either. Where would you suggest it should go exactly? It's a quite unusual page. – Jack McKalling [ ] 09:05, 1 May 2019 (UTC)
- Could work. Support. – Jack McKalling [ ] 09:03, 6 May 2019 (UTC)