The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition pre-Classic mc-161607
|This article's name is conjectural.|
An official name is yet to be given to the subject matter and may change at any time.
|This version is currently missing.|
May 16, 2009
A pre-Classic version of Minecraft (Java Edition), referred to by Notch as "minecraft alpha", was released on May 16, 2009, at 16:07 UTC. This was the first version of Minecraft released for private testing.
- "TigIRC logs" (archived) – Archive.org, May 16, 2009, UTC–4.
- TigIRC logs: (12:07:06) notch: minecraft alpha is available. I need someone on windows, someone on mac and someone on linux!
- "Early private singleplayer alpha coming very soon" – The Word of Notch, May 16, 2009.
- TigIRC logs: "(12:08:46) dock: the mouse movement is terrible" [...] "(12:09:16) dock: it barely moves, as though it is stuck, and then jerks" [...] "(12:11:55) dock: yeah the mouselook is pretty much unusable on mac"
- TigIRC logs: "(12:09:31) fartron: i don't have that problem but i need to invert the y axis" [...] "(12:09:39) fartron: or i will constantly walk into things"
- TigIRC logs: "(12:08:29) notch: awesome. urls pm'd."