The logo for MINECON Live 2019.
MINECON Live 2019 was a livestream that took place on September 28, 2019, at 16:00 UTC. It featured Masuo (MasuoTV), Mariel (Marielitai Gaming), Shelby Graces (Shubble), and Scott (Dangthatsalongname) as the co-hosts of the show. It was the last Minecon, as it was then replaced by Minecraft Festival and Minecraft Live.
The livestream on YouTube
On May 17, 2019, it was announced that MINECON Live 2019 will be streaming live on September 28.
There were a total of six panels; one panel during the show with Minecraft developers and five community panels after the show.
SciCraft Presents: How Automation Can Enrich Your Gaming Experience
On this panel (from left to right): Gnembon, PanNic, Myren, ilmango and _MethodZz_.
On this panel (from left to right): abrightmoore, RenderXR, AdamDJM, QMagnet, and StacyPlays.
How We Craft: Secrets of the Marketplace Partners
On this panel (from left to right): CDFDMAN, Eneija, Avondale, Jigarbov, and Skywalker
Crafting Experiences: Game Design in Minecraft
On this panel (from left to right): Vazkii, kingbdogz, Amadornes, Drullkus, and Direwolf20
HermitCraft – Much Better Together
On this panel (from left to right): FalseSymmetry, GoodTimesWithScar, Stressmonster101, MumboJumbo, and iskall85.
The three options for the biome vote: badlands, swamp and mountains.
During the livestream, viewers could vote for one of three biomes that will be updated. The biome with the highest vote will get new features, such as terrain changes and new mobs, in the next major update. The winner, Mountains, will be getting snowier snow, goats, and new mountain terrain generation. The two other biomes will also get new features, but at a later date. Mountains were voted as the first biome to be updated.
Tumbleweeds, vultures, and a new type of flowery cactus are planned to be added. Badlands was voted as the last biome to be updated in the first poll.
Treasure boats, frogs, and mangrove trees are planned to be added. Swamp was voted as the second biome to be updated in the second poll.
Snowier snow, goats, stone with snow on top (like with grass) and improved mountain terrain generation are planned to be added. Mountains were voted as the first biome to be updated in the final poll.
Videos can be found here.
- ↑ "Which Biome Should we Update Next?" – Minecraft.net, September 17, 2019
- ↑ "MINECON Live co-hosts revealed" – Minecraft.net, July 26, 2019
- ↑ "Announcing… MINECON Live" – Minecraft.net, May 17, 2019
- ↑ "Community Panels at MINECON Live" – Minecraft.net, September 9, 2019
- ↑ "Biome Vote - Announcement Trailer" – Minecraft, September 17, 2019 – via YouTube
- ↑ "That is not correct. All biomes we've had in the votes will be updated at some point, but we have not yet stated when." – @cojomax99, September 17, 2019
- ↑ a b c d "Badlands is out, Swamp and Mountains are in the final vote! Frogs or goats, treasure boats or the snowiest snow since snow? Which biome should be updated next in Minecraft and receive new exciting features? YOU decide!" – @Minecraft, September 28, 2019
- ↑ a b "Badlands, Swamp, or Mountains – which biome will you choose? Make your voice heard and pick your favourite! The TWO biomes with the most votes move on to a second voting round! #MINECON" – @Minecraft, September 28, 2019
- ↑ "Frogs, mangroves, and treasure boats are all features that could end up in Minecraft – IF you vote Swamp in our upcoming biome vote at MINECON Live! Join Jens and Agnes as they walk through option #2! " – @Minecraft, September 24, 2019