MINECON Earth 2018
|— Tom Stone |
MINECON Earth 2018 was a livestream that was online live for an hour and a half from 16:00–17:30 UTC, on September 29, 2018. It featured Erin Wayne (Aureylian), Martyn Littlewood (InTheLittlewood), Yasmin Ayesha (Yammy), Chad Johnson (OMGchad), and Anthony (BigBStatz) as the co-hosts of the show.
On August 27, it was stated on ChronicleLiveUK that Nethermined, a Newcastle based MINECON event, will be an 'Official Community Event' for the first time. This is the fifth time the event is held.
On April 10, 2018, it was announced that MINECON Earth 2018 will be streaming live on September 29.
|— Minecraft on MINECON Earth 2018|
There were a total of 5 panels, one panel during the show with Minecraft developers and four community panels after the show.
Modded Minecraft: Playing with Power
Minecraft mod developers talk about how using mods can provide more options, opportunities and fun for players.
The panelists will be discussing what modding is, and how you can do it, so it is suitable for beginners. They'll be discussing the history of modding, great mods for Minecraft and even how to make mods.
AntVenom talked about pushing Minecraft to its absolute limits, and how 'breaking' elements can create fun new ways to enjoy the game. He looked at Minecraft in a new perspective.
Hermitcraft Presents – Creating, Maintaining and Evolving An SMP
Making a Map with MCEdit
Talked about how to create custom Minecraft maps using the world editing tool MCEdit.
During the livestream, watchers voted for a biome that was going to be updated next. The biome with the highest vote would get new features, such as terrain changes and new mobs, in a future update. The two other biomes will also get new features, but in a later date.
Videos can be found here.
- "MINECON Earth 2018: save the date!" – Minecraft.net, April 10, 2018
- "MINECON Earth 2018: Mystery Co-hosts Revealed!" – TeamMojang, April 26, 2018 – via YouTube
- "Announcing: MINECON Earth 2018!" – TeamMojang, April 10, 2018 – via YouTube
- “Announcing... MINECON Earth 2018! Saturday, September 29, we’ll be streaming the biggest Minecraft celebration around the world.” – @Minecraft, April 10, 2018
- "Biome Chooser - Announcement Trailer" – Minecraft, September 17, 2018 – via YouTube
- “It will not be like last year where one biome gets updated but the rest don't- instead the vote is just choosing which biome will get updated first but all of those biomes will get updated.” – u/HelenAngel, September 17, 2018
- "Biome Chooser - Desert" – Minecraft, September 24, 2018 – via YouTube
- “Vote on your favourite biome, and it may get updated next! The two biomes with the most votes move on to round 2! #MINECON” – @Minecraft, September 29, 2018
- "Biome Chooser - Taiga" – Minecraft, September 25, 2018 – via YouTube
- “Desert is out, Taiga and Savanna remain! Vote one last time to decide which biome gets updated in Minecraft next!” – @Minecraft, September 29, 2018
- "Biome Chooser - Savanna" – Minecraft, September 26, 2018 – via YouTube