MINECON 2012 was held in Disneyland Paris from November 24 to 25. The convention was attended by 4,500 people - approximately the same amount as the previous year. The Redstone Update was announced by the core Minecraft development team in a keynote held there. The entirety of the convention was officially live streamed by GameSpot, who later uploaded some of the content to their YouTube channel.
Official Tumblr: http://mineconparis.tumblr.com/.
The song that was embedded in the 2012 site.
- 1 Announcement
- 2 Location
- 3 Cape
- 4 Videos
- 4.1 MINECON 2012 Announcement
- 4.2 MINECON 2012 Anticipation
- 4.3 MINECON 2012 Trailer
- 4.4 MINECON 2012 Opening Ceremony
- 4.5 MINECON 2012 - Behind the Scenes
- 4.6 MINECON 2012 - The People of MINECON
- 4.7 MINECON 2012 Panel - Making MinecraftEDU
- 4.8 MINECON 2012 Panel - Meet The Pocket Edition Team
- 4.9 MINECON 2012 Panel - Making the MineZ Mod
- 4.10 MINECON 2012 Panel - Minecraft Reality
- 4.11 MINECON 2012 Panel - Running a Server
- 4.12 MINECON 2012 Panel - Server Safety for Your Children
- 4.13 MINECON 2012 Panel - Set Your Videos Apart With Killer Editing
- 4.14 MINECON 2012 Panel - Building a Custom Map with SethBling
- 4.15 MINECON 2012 Panel - The Art of Scrolls
- 4.16 MINECON 2012 Panel - The Cobalt Team
- 4.17 MINECON 2012 Panel Montage
- 4.18 MINECON 2012 Montage
- 5 References
On April 9, 2012, Lydia Winters confirmed that MINECON 2012 would occur in Europe. She also announced that details would become clear in the coming weeks. On July 18, 2012 she posted on the Mojang website that in the following week a video would go up saying where MINECON 2012 would be. On August 2, 2012, Mojang officially announced through a promotional video on YouTube that MINECON 2012 would be held in Disneyland Paris from November 24 - 25th. On August 23, 2012 the official MINECON site was updated to reflect 2012's convention. Ticket sales and hotel registration opened on September 14, 2012 with tickets quickly being sold out soon after release.
Location of Disneyland Paris: 77777 Marne-la-Vallée, France
Location within Disneyland Paris for MINECON 2012 includes the New York Convention Centre, the Times Square Exhibitor's Hall, and the Disney Events Arena.
As with the previous year, attendees of MINECON 2012 received an exclusive cape. On October 8, 2012, it was confirmed by Junkboy that the cape design for MINECON 2012 was finished and they were taking about 2 weeks to implement a button to turn it on and off. On November 1, Mollstam tweeted that the cape will be available when they finish the cape selection system. As such, minecraft.net now offers the ability for users who attended both conventions to switch between their 2011 and 2012 capes.
On November 16, it was confirmed by Mollstam that the MINECON 2012 cape would be distributed when the convention began. He said that "they are pretty and blue". When the convention began, the cape was revealed to be one of the unused capes from MINECON 2011 that users could have voted for.
MINECON 2012 Announcement
MINECON 2012 Anticipation
MINECON 2012 Trailer
MINECON 2012 Opening Ceremony
MINECON 2012 - Behind the Scenes
MINECON 2012 - The People of MINECON
MINECON 2012 Panel - Making MinecraftEDU
MINECON 2012 Panel - Meet The Pocket Edition Team
MINECON 2012 Panel - Making the MineZ Mod
MINECON 2012 Panel - Minecraft Reality
MINECON 2012 Panel - Running a Server
MINECON 2012 Panel - Server Safety for Your Children
MINECON 2012 Panel - Set Your Videos Apart With Killer Editing
MINECON 2012 Panel - Building a Custom Map with SethBling
MINECON 2012 Panel - The Art of Scrolls
MINECON 2012 Panel - The Cobalt Team
MINECON 2012 Panel Montage
MINECON 2012 Montage
- "Minecraft fans gather for Minecon in Paris" by Mark Ward – BBC News, November 26, 2012.
- "MINECON Live-stream!" by Lydia Winters – Mojang.com, November 24, 2012.
- MINECON 2012 YouTube playlist created by GameSpot
- "The Weekly Chunk - Creepers Gonna Creep" by Lydia Winters – Mojang.com, July 18, 2012.
- "Those of you asking about #minecon capes. We got a cape, just need to give you the ability to put it on/off. Might take 2 weeks." – @jnkboy, October 7, 2012
- "Capes for MINECON attendees will be made available when cape selecting code has been coded. Conclusive, right? : D" – @mollstam, November 1, 2012
- "Capes for MINECON attendees will be given when the event starts to have as a memory. They are pretty and blue." – @mollstam, November 15, 2012