Light Gray Dye
dec: 3517 hex: 15F7 bin: 1010111117
Light gray dye is a primary dye.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
|Azure Bluet or
Oxeye Daisy or
Both of the recipes below require 12 units of primary dye to produce 12 units of light gray dye. The first recipe uses 4 ink sac and 8 bone meal. The second recipe uses 3 ink sac and 9 bone meal.
|Ink Sac +
|Gray Dye +
Usage[edit | edit source]
Like all other dyes, light gray dye can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of light gray wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Used to dye/stain wool, leather armor, beds, glass, terracotta and shulker boxes.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a firework star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
- Used to dye shulkers.[Bedrock Edition only]
- Combined with sand and gravel to craft concrete powder.
Crafting ingredient[edit | edit source]
Data values[edit | edit source]
Light gray dye has the ID name
minecraft:dye, with a data value of 7.
|7||Light Gray Dye|
|12||Light Blue Dye|
Video[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|1.2||Added light gray dye.|
|1.4.2||12w34a||Added the ability to dye leather armor and wolf collars.|
|1.4.6||12w49a||Light gray dye can be crafted with gunpowder to create a firework star.|
|1.6.1||13w19a||Stained clay can now be crafted.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||With the addition of new flowers, many secondary and tertiary dyes are now primary dyes.|
|13w41a||Stained glass can now be crafted.|
|1.8||14w30a||Added banners which can be dyed.|
|1.11||16w39a||Added the ability to dye shulker boxes.|
|1.12||17w15a||Added the ability to dye beds.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.8.0||build 3||Light gray dye is now available in creative mode.|
|0.9.0||build 3||Light gray dye can now be obtained in survival mode.|
Issues[edit | edit source]
Issues relating to “Light Gray Dye” are maintained on the issue tracker. Report issues there.