The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Legend of the Chambered
Legend of the Chambered was a game created by Notch. He later lost interest and gave up on it, as he said on his (now deleted) project page. It, along with other Chambered games, was based on games like Dungeon Master, and Eye of the Beholder. It was released at an unknown date before May 27, 2008.
Legend of the Chambered starts in winding stone chambers that needs to be explored. At the very beginning, players find a niche with a pile of loot on the floor. Players can take the following items to put in their inventory:
- Studded armor consisting of cap, chestplate, leggings and boots (their textures were included in the Indev 0.31 items.png file)
- Leather armor consisting of cap, chestplate, leggings and boots
- Sword (texture used for iron sword)
The inventory has 4 slots to put armor, 2 for weapons, 1 for quiver and amulet, 2 for apple and 2 for ring, totaling up to 12 slots.
After finding the door to the orchard next to the stairs, players can find their way past the trees and into a room that has two bricks that say "Win" and "Yay." There are two versions of LoC. One where players can't fight monsters, and one they can.
Prelude of the Chambered starts in a prison cell. The player must smash through cracked walls and go down a ladder in order to get to The Dungeon. After exploring a little, the player will find a power glove. This lets the player push boulders and fight monsters. After fighting some bats and solving a boulder puzzle, doors will open up to a room filled with bats and the golden bat boss. Each boss drops a key. After that, players must go back to The Prison and push two boulders into some holes. This will let them cross to the ladder that leads up to The Island which has a ladder that takes players down to The Frost Cave. Here they must fight eyes, and find the skates. Players can also find a green healing potion here too. The skates allow them to move on the ice without sliding, allowing them to get to the golden eye boss. Players can then go to The Island to obtain Cutters. Going back to the Frost Cave, players can use the cutters on some bars to obtain a pistol. Going back to the prison, they can find more ammo and healing potions in the cells. On The Island, there is a fence of bars that the player must cut in order to get to The Crypt. In The Crypt, there are flippers and Ogres that spit acid. The flippers help the player in the water so they can get to the Golden Ogre Boss. Going back to The Island, the player can trap a ghost in a white box to enter The Temple. The player must have ghosts follow them and get trapped in the white boxes in order to cut the bars and push the buttons to open the door. Pushing a boulder through the hallway to land in a hole lets players pass into the room with a white box in it. Going in the door behind the white box, is a room with a maze made out of ghosts. After finding the Golden Ghost Boss, the player must lead it back through the maze to the white box at the begging in order to get the last key. After that, the player can go back up to The Island and open up the door. "YOU WIN", the number of trinkets found (trophies,) and the time show up on screen.
Characters and Creatures
Diana is a female mage with red hair, green eyes, and a purple top. She has 46 HP, 26 Power, 8 Attack, and 7 Defense.
Green is a male ranger with black hair, blue eyes, a light green top similar to Alex, and a green jacket or sweatshirt. He has 86 HP, 55 Power, 13 Attack, and 14 Defense.
Shera is a young female warrior with brown eyes, brown hair, a gray sleeveless top, and a sword. She has 107 HP, 46 Power, 17 Attack, and 15 Defense.
Teron is an old bald priest with brown eyes, a purple robe, and a light purple top. He has 31 HP, 34 Power, 5 Attack, and 9 Defense.
Characters taken from Eye of the Beholder
Taghor is a male dwarf with a white beard, a dwarf helmet, and a brown top.
Keirgar is a male wizard with a white beard and a blue robe.
Alyssa is a female thief with a green hood and scarf, and black hair.
Largo is is a male wizard with purple aesthetic.
Mat is a male wizard with red aesthetic.
Chriss is a male dwarf with blond hair and beard, and a white sleeveless top.
Monsters resemble goblins with green skin, messy dark green hair, red eyes, tusks, rust top, tan pants, and dark blue shoes. There movement resembles dancing and wander around aimlessly even when the player is near. If one bumps into the player, it will raise it's arms and deal 1-5 damage.
Bats are the creatures found in The Prison, and The Crypt. They fly around aimlessly until they bump into you dealing damage. The Golden Bat deals more damage.
Eyes are fully blue and fly around on The Island and the Frost Cave. Some may notice that eyes of ender from Minecraft are also somewhat fully blue, with the exception of the green iris. The Golden Eye deals more damage.
Ogres are green humanoid creatures that are found in The Crypt. They have a ranged attack of spitting acid at the player. The Golden Ogre spits streams of acid.
Ghosts are neutral creatures that only attack if provoked and are found in The Temple. The player has to defeat them by luring them to white boxes. Ghosts are the only monster that follows the player. The Golden Ghost is much faster and spits acid. The player must lure it through a maze of ghosts in order to trap it.
In a Ludum Dare, Notch had planned on making another LoC game. In this one of the screenshots it showed a purple blob-like creature. It is unknown what it did.
- The textures in Minecraft were the same at first to the Legend of the Chambered textures but with time some modifications were made, and some items were completely removed.
- Notch had other games under the same name or similar to it. All of them seem to be at night.
- Notch had planned on adding stats to Minecraft similar to the ones he had in these games.
- There used to be a list of games on mojang.com that listed Legend of the Chambered as well as others.
- In some posts Notch made in a Ludum Dare competition, he had some screenshots of a game that was labeled LoC (Legend of the Chamberd). This one however used mainly billboarded sprites.
- There are green creatures in both Prelude of the Chambered and Legend of the Chambered. The ones in PoC are called Ogres, while in LoC they are called Monsters. There are also green creatures in Meta Gun, called Gremlins.
- Other notable unfinished games Notch made that he took sprites from for Minecraft, were Ruby Dung (grass and cobblestone) and Zombie Town (the Steve texture and possibly the zombie texture.)
- The Power Glove in Prelude of the Chambered also appears in another one of Notch's game's, Minicraft. This may be a reference to the Power Glove from some of the Legends of Zelda games. In Minecraft's Indev phase, the Indev MD3 mobs had leather gloves which may or may not have meant to have been Power Gloves.
- A game similar to these that Notch made, was Dungeon4k as part of is 4k series (See also: Minecraft 4k.) There are specked red stones called power stones, in the game, that the player use to charge power fields. Notice the similarities with redstone from Minecraft.
- The game Doomgeon took inspiration from Prelude of the Chambered.
- Minecraft Dungeons may have taken some inspiration from these unfinished games along with the old minecraft game mode name for Adventure: Dungeons and Levers.
- On Notch's Soundcloud, there is a track named Test Chamber which may or may not be related to Legend of the Chambered. None of his Chambered games have official soundtracks.
- On Notch's old youtube channel, Nizzotch, there was a video on him making Prelude of the Chambered. The video has been deleted, but there are archives of it.
Another one of Notch's unfinished LoC games. The characters are taken from Eye of the Beholder. All players do in this one is walk around, bump into walls, and tip bottles over. Notice how the stones are 3D unlike most of the other ones. Players can still play it on a Mojang.com archive.
- Java Edition removed features#Player stats