Legacy Console Edition tutorial/Locations
This article contains detailed information about Minecraft that may spoil your enjoyment of discovering the game's secrets for yourself.
Read at your own risk!
|This article is a stub, meaning that it lacks some important content.|
You can help by expanding it with further information relating to the topic.
|This article may need cleanup to improve its quality, possibly to comply with the style guide. |
Please help us clean up this page if you can.
|This feature is exclusive to Legacy Console Edition.|
In the tutorial world of the Legacy Console Edition there are 12 hidden chests with music discs in them, which are moved in every update that changes the tutorial world. There are also other secrets, such as hidden dungeons and mineshafts, as well as chests that contain other items.
- 13 - (X: 8 Y: 31 Z: 357) In the iceburg biome there are ruins of the TU46 tutorial world. In the bed tutorial, under the launchpad, there is a chest.
- wait - (X: -111 Y: 58 Z: 123) Near the Horse statue there is a large water pool. In the water pool, there is a chest.
- 11 - (X: 325 Y: 29 Z: -302) In the northeast corner of the map there is an under water cave. In the cave there is a ship wreck. The shipwreck has the chest.
- blocks - (X: -373 Y: 103 Z: 369) In the badlands (mesa) biome there is a tower. In the tower there is the chest.
- stal - (X: -249 Y: 3 Z: -122) Near the enderman statue there is a series of caves. The left and upmost cave there is another water pool.
- ward - (X: 180 Y: 42 Z: -130) Near the elder guardian statue there is an underwater cave. In the cave there is a chest.
- mall - (X: -71 Y: 101 Z: -205) In the cascade of houses on cliffs, in the one on top on the right set of houses, there is a giant painting. In the painting there is a chest.
- mellohi - (X: -90 Y: 80 Z: 5) In the topmost of the witch houses there is a door. In that door, there is the chest.
- strad - (X: 90 Y: 64 Z: -242) Under the ghast statue there is a cave. In the cave there is a skeleton statue. In the statues head, there is the chest.
- cat - (X: 392 Y: 99 Z:57) Near the island with the wither statue, there is a tower. in the tower, there is a chest.
- chirp - (X: 342 Y: 4 Z: 356) In the savanna biome there is a mostly buried tower from the old tutorial world. It is the nether one from the TU47 update. The chest is exactly where 11 was on the last tutorial world. (look below.)
- far - (X: 213 Y: 25 Z: 153) Near the turtle statue there is an underwater cave. In that cave there are some more ruins. Follow the stone bricks to find a bridge with the chest on it.
- 13 - (X: -9 Y: 82 Z: -3) Enter the main tutorial up the first set of stairs and look to your right. The chest also contains a jukebox and six steaks.
- where are we now - (X: -164 Y: 138 Z: 39) Near the tutorial is a tower with a red flag on it, go to the top level.
- 11 - (X: 140 Y: 37 Z: -111) The ruined tower with overgrown vines has a netherrack cave at the bottom. Inside, go under the bridge and into the house of nether wart.
- blocks - (X: 284 Y: 148 Z: -95) In the jungle, go on top of the very big tree house.
- stal - (X: -237 Y: 98 Z: -338) At the top of an ice tower.
- ward - (X: -25 Y: 89 Z: -347) On top of the open variation of the Shulker statue, in between some trees and in a small pit.
- mall - (X: 324 Y: 108 Z: -347) In the tallest brown mushroom house on Mushroom Island, which is top right on your map.
- mellohi - (X: 112 Y: 81 Z: 291) In the desert, there is a temple, the upper part contains a few chests, the middle of these chests has the disc.
- strad - (X: -241 Y: 32 Z: 329) Inside the ocean monument there is a pool, at the bottom of this pool is the disc.
- cat - (X: -295 Y: 111 Z: -42) In the Moss Stone village, inside the largest house and to your left.
- chirp - (X: 211 Y: 65 Z: 157) To the right hand side of the villager statue, there is a path leading to a campfire. Next to it is the chest.
- far - (X: 225 Y: 131 Z: -366) In the high up middle of a ruined tower, next to a tree.
- In beacon tutorial, there are dirt blocks under nine diamond blocks. If you have an iron pickaxe, you can break them - if not, you can break them with your hand, but it will take much longer.
- Zombie dungeon at (X: 135 Y: 53 Z: -7) in the cave containing the spider statue at (X: 97 Y: 62 Z: -41).
- Nether portal at (X: -236, Y: 94, Z: 203).
- Ocean Monument Entrance: (X: -280 Y: 64 Z: 198)
- Heads room: (X: -144 Y: 108 Z: 75)
- Stronghold: (X: 172 Y: 32 Z: 111)
* The following instructions assume you head to the given coordinates first.
- where are we now - (X: 41, Y: 68, Z: 47) - After completing the basic miner's hut tutorial, go through the arch. It's in front of the fountain.
- stal - (X: 57, Y: 86, Z: -32) - Climb the tree with ladders to the east, then go from the roof to the clocktower, the chest with the disc is inside it.
- 13 - (X: 26, Y: 113, Z: 15) - Get into the A of the big Minecraft sign.
- mall - (X: 163, Y: 38, Z: 95) - Head south from the mesa. The chest containing the disc is in a secret way in the middle of the swirl hole thing.
- mellohi - (X: 326, Y: 80, Z: 180) - In the big house made of quartz, stone brick, and hardened clay, go through the front door, go up the dark oak staircase to the 4th storey, turn left, an enter the door on the yellow wall. The chest containing the disc is under the trapdoor in the bath tub.
- cat - (X: 194, Y: 98, Z: 208) - In the sandstone buiding, go up a staircase, head to the coordinates, climb the tiny sandstone wall, jump down to the arch and turn around.
- 11 - (X: -5, Y: 66, Z: 245) - Go to the middle of the leaves maze.
- ward - (X: -69, Y: 78, Z: -78) - In the sandstone church, go to the side opposite to the entrance, climb the ladder in the middle pillar and jump through the stairs, the chest is behind some cobblestone walls.
- far - (X: -172, Y: 123, Z: 141) - Climb up the tree with the parkour in the mega taiga.
- blocks - (X: -355, Y: 105, Z: -170) - Climb the mountain to get to a castle, when you are at the first arch, go ahead to the entrance, go right diagonally until you hit the corner, turn left, turn left again at the second entrance. TUrn left before the first building and enter the double diagonal door. Go down at the piston door and the chest is to the right.
- strad - (X: 254, Y: 82, Z: -237) - Go in the red sandstone castle through the jungle wood planks bridge, climb to the highest point of the staircase to the left, turn around and look up.
- chirp - (X: 345, Y: 82, Z: -369) - It's in a cave in the island next to the mesa. The cave is in the middle of a flat area to the west.
- Zombie dungeon (contains no chests): (X: -39, Y: 27, Z: 17).
- End portal: (X: 13, Y: 29, Z: 27).
- Nether portal: (X: -266, Y: 71, Z: -367).
- Abandoned mineshaft chest - containing iron horse armor: (X: 394, Y: 15, Z: 279).
- Diamond ore vein: (X: 388, Y: 15, Z: 291).
- Cave spider spawner: (X: 391, Y: 15, Z: 291).
- Desert temple: (X: 263, Y: 66, Z: -42).
- Zombie dungeon: (X: 256, Y: 51, Z: -49).
- Chest with a diamond sword and Fortune III enchanted book: in the quartz enchanting buiding, climb the bookshelves. The chest is in a corner. (X: 22, Y: 72, Z: -33).
- 26 diamond blocks: At the front of the sandstone mansion with the maze, mine the bottom blocks of the fence to find these. (X: 5, Y: 70, Z: 329).
- Chest with empty map, compass and clock: Climb up the lighthouse to the top and go down the short ladder to find another platform and this chest. (X: -388, Y: 91, Z: -60).
* The following instructions assume you head to the given coordinates first.
- cat - (X: 193, Y: 70, Z: -143) - After completing the basic miner's hut tutorial, go through the arch to find it in the chest just next to the fountain in the advanced tutorial field.
- 13 - (X: 145, Y: 64, Z: -61) - From the advanced tutorial field, cross the stone bridge to the castle island. Head left and around the tree to the shore, then look under the bridge at its base to find the chest.
- ward - (X: 132, Y: 69, Z: -63) - From the island side of the bridge, head clockwise around the castle. Enter the doorway on your right and take the first right; the chest will be at the far end of this route in an enclosed pond area.
- 11 - (X: 108, Y: 94, Z: -93) - On a balcony in the main keep of the castle. Enter it by climbing the hill and stairs in the central courtyard, then climb the staircase to the right of the fireplace. Turn the corner and enter the second room on the right, then exit onto the balcony to find the chest.
- stal - (X: 130, Y: 60, Z: -182) - In a secret cavern hidden behind a waterfall, south of the docks in the tutorial zone that teach about boats and fishing.
- where are we now - (X: 185, Y: 67, Z: 187) - South of the bridge mentioned in the instructions for stal is a desert village; the disc will be in a chest inside the sandstone tower.
- blocks - (X: -50, Y: 70, Z: 16) - In the village located west of the castle, in a chest inside the blacksmith building.
- chirp - (X: -282, Y: 76, Z: -99) - In a second castle located northwest of the village where blocks is found. Enter the castle via a door on the south side and enter the main stair hall. Go through the doors found underneath the stairs and into the back garden, then take the door to the left to enter a room with the disc in a chest.
- strad - (X: -269, Y: 92, Z: -140) - Found atop the second castle. Head to the opposite side of the castle from where chirp is found and look for the room with cyan carpet. Find the spiral staircase and head all the way to the top to find the chest.
- mellohi - (X: -135, Y: 69, Z: 88) - From the village where blocks was found, there will be a second village to the southwest through a valley. Look in the first building to the right to find it.
- far - (X: -203, Y: 83, Z: 330) - From the village where mellohi was found, head south to find an island with buildings and a docked pirate ship. Head up to the very top of the ladder near the dock and inside, and in the room at the far end of the hall will be the chest with the disc in it.
- mall - (X: -194, Y: 116, Z: 339) - From the location of the far disc, take one of the stairs on either side of the room to find a ladder. Climb up them to enter a room with the disc's chest to your left.
(X: 132 Y: 70 Z: -63) (PS3)
2256 #1 @ (49, 82, -97)
2257 #2 @ (-255, 48, -35)
2258 #3 @ (383, 63, -337)
2267 #4 @ (210, 71, 93)
2262 #5 @ (-301, 69, 106)
2263 #6 @ (285, 82, 103)
2260 #7 @ (26, 61, 241)
2261 #8 @ (-164, 88, -273)
2259 #9 @ (-409, 74, 96)
2264 #10 @ (0, 51, 344)
2265 #11 @ (-15, 63, -371)
2266 #12 @ (367, 75, -57)
* The following instructions assume you head to the given coordinates first.
- 13 - (X: 49, Y: 82, Z: -97) - At the top of the stairs leading out of the starting area (middle of the map).
- cat - (X: -34, Y: 81, Z: -92) - In a cave under the starting town - pull a lever in one of the houses to reveal an entrance (middle of the map).
- mellohi - (X: -204, Y: 64, Z: -41) - In a cave filled with lava - pull the lever at the entrance to reveal stepping stones (west of the starting area).
- chirp - (X: -282, Y: 77, Z: 260) - In the top floor of the pyramid in the desert - find a lever, then a secret door in the maze inside (southwest of the starting area).
- blocks - (X: 0, Y: 55, Z: 152) - In a cave under a small building in a jungle lake (south of the starting area).
- strad - (X: 292, Y: 69, Z: 234) - In an igloo in the taiga (southeast of the starting area).
- 11 - (X: 368, Y: 76, Z: -57) - In a cave with webs and a spider monster spawner (east of the starting area).
- where we are now - (X: 255, Y: 92 Z: -185) - At the top of a stone tower with redstone circuitry in it (east of the starting area).
- ward - (X: -14, Y: 64, Z: -371) - In the ruins in the swamp (north of the starting area).
- mall - (X: -163, Y: 89, Z: -273) - On the crow's nest on a wooden pirate ship (northwest of the starting area).
- far - (X: -401, Y: 78, Z: -231) - There's a ladder on the giant mushroom to climb to the top (west/northwest of starting area).
- stal - (X: 112, Y: 58, Z: 107) - In a Nether fortress in front of a blaze spawner (the Nether portal is in the giant Minecraft logo - middle of the map).
Generated structures and blocks
- The Easter Egg "Tower of Pimps" from Achievement Hunter's Let's Play Minecraft series, is located in the pyramid in the desert. (X:-282 Y:85 Z:262)
- There is a Nether portal in the Minecraft logo.
- On the Minecraft logo there is a plentiful supply of torches useful for lighting up a big area.
- Music disc 1: On your way to the mansion there is a chest inside the abandoned mining shelter.
- Music disc 2: Through the shelter is a garden with crossed walkways. Dig down in the middle of the cross of cobblestone to find a chest.
- Music disc 3: After that, walk left into a desert and there will be a minecart. Jump into it and ride it to the other end. Then jump off and go inside the desert temple and you will find the chest.
- Music disc 4: Climb up the ladders or vines on the side of the garden wall or the back of the castle. Turn left and get onto the roof of the castle. On the top of the glass dome will be a chest.
- Music disc 5: Once you climb up the ladders turn right then jump of the wall to the left. Walk around the spawn point until you find a medieval tower in the distance. On the top of the tower is a chest.
- Music disc 6: Inside the castle, walk into the first corridor to your right that has stairs in it. Pull the lever to your right to make a walkway across the lava and there is your chest.
- Music disc 7: In the second room to the right will be a brewing tutorial. You will make a Potion of Fire Resistance using water bottles, then nether wart, and at last magma cream. This will create a few fire resistance potions. Drink it and walk through the lava in the room. Through the lava is a chest in a small room.
- Music disc 8: Walk to the main hallway and travel upstairs. Flip the lever and you'll hear three musical notes play. That lever has revealed a secret room. The painting that you saw when you came up the stairs has the entrance to the secret room behind it. There is a nether portal in that room. Step in it. From your spawn point in the Nether, head directly forwards to the Nether Fortress. In there turn to your second right, down there is the chest.
- Music disc 9: Walk straight forward in the swamp to find a house. A chest is beneath it. Walk inside the house and open the trapdoor. Go down the ladder and there is the chest.
- Music disc 10: From the swamp house, walk right and you will find a pond with structure submerged in it. It has a trap door surrounded by glass that leads to the chest.
- Music disc 11: From the abandoned mining shelter walk in the mansion courtyard and travel north through the farm(according to the map). Past the farm walk north/northwestward until you find a set of five pillars with a staircase leading downward. In the underground dwelling there is a chest containing a disc and an axe.
- Music disc 12: Located at a small mushroom island to the east in a chest that contains the disc and a diamond pickaxe.
- where are we now: In the sand temple, there is a huge cavern system that connects.
- Chest containing a music disc, bow, and 20 arrows. It's located at the entrance of the first village.
- Chest containing a music disc and a stone sword. It is inside glass on the first village entrance.
- Chest containing a music disc and golden armor, located inside the well of the first village.
- Chest containing a music disc and diamond armor. It's located under the A in the Minecraft sign.
- Chest containing various items: Go down the well in the first village, and into the stone brick room underneath.
- Two chests each in the towers of the first and 2nd villages, with 1 music disc each.
- Chest with a music disc at a village's church.
- In the village (step 7) there is a dock, take the boat out and go straight ahead and you'll reach an island inside the cave to the right go up the steps and turn around there is a lever in the roof click it and reveal a hidden portal
- Chest containing a diamond axe and a music disc. It's located in the large tree with a ladder on it. (X: 177 Y: 78 Z: -170)
- Chest with a diamond sword and music disc. It's located on top of a mountain on a thin piece of overhanging dirt. (X: 40 Y: 115 Z: -99)
- Chest with a saddle and bucket: located in the dungeon at (X: 49 Y: 47 Z: -403).
- In the castle behind the tutorial which engages into the cliff wall there is a corridor where you can hear the sound of the Nether. In the ceiling should be a lever to open a piston door to expose the Nether portal.
- The hill where the large fortress is built is joined to a second hill. Deep under this second hill is a massive stronghold connected to caverns that lead to the large canyon. It is possible to access it from the canyon, but requires quite a bit of work. The stronghold contains at least 3 chests. One in the upper chamber, and two deep below in the library. End Portal Frame X: -338 Y: 21 Z: 306
- There were many secret hidden structures, such as random "caves" with torches all around the walls and hidden villages. One such cave was located directly below the floor of the library in the castle; revealed by digging through two wooden planks. Digging through the wall revealed random redstone placement.
- Dungeons could be found in the world. Although the player must manually search for them, one of the dungeons had a gravel "x" in which if they dug down from the center they would fall into. Continuing to dig downwards would eventually reveal a small X tunnel with 8 exposed diamond ores.
- Like the original PC version of Minecraft, the Xbox 360 Tutorial Mode world has four layers of bedrock; however, other worlds generated in the Xbox 360 Edition only have two layers.
- In the biggest house of the first village, one of the floor blocks hid a ladder down into the ocean.
- Hidden in the Minecraft logo was a portal to the Nether.
- By the lighthouse, there was a dungeon.
- Beside the castle, underwater, there was a 2×2 hole with glowstone lighting the inside that leads down to a large chest containing all possible diamond tools and armor.
- A village was always generated in the opposite way of the Tutorial village.