This is the list of features exclusive to the Legacy Console Edition.
The Mansion in the TU7–TU11 Tutorial World.
- More achievements/trophies
- 14 extra default skins
- Certain Console Edition-exclusive Skin Packs
- Mini Games
- Tumble mini-game
- Battle mini-game
- Glide mini-game
- World sizes
- Options for classic (864x864), small (1024x1024), medium (3072x3072), and large (5120x5120) world sizes. Large worlds are only available on the Xbox One Edition and PlayStation 4 Edition.
- Water moat occupies the outer 2 chunks to smoothly transition to the edge of the world
- Overwrite world edges option when expanding a world from a smaller size to a larger size, resetting the outer 2 chunks in the smaller world, removes the water moat at the edge of the world.
- Classic world size generates more villages than large world sizes.
- Biome Scale
- Small, medium, and large option. The small option is the default due limited world size, so one world can have more biomes.
- Biome generation is roughly based on Java Edition seeds (64 bit generation). Large biome size is equivalent to biome size 4 from Java Edition 1.12.2, Medium is rough approximation on biome size 3, and small biome size roughly approximates to biome size 2.
- Mushroom biomes generate in different locations compared to Java Edition
- Since the Exploration Update, temples and structures attempt to spawn more frequently, due to limited world sizes, especially with Woodland Mansions.
- There is a "Find Balanced Seed" option, selected by default, which makes the game randomly select seeds that have a better variety of biomes.
- Superflat Interface
- An interface for creating superflat worlds.
- The Nether
- Noise generation is loosely based on Java Edition nether noise generation.
- Has limited size, at 288x 288, and is slightly larger with a larger world size. On Large worlds, the nether is up to 640x640.
- The Nether-Overworld portal ratio is larger depending on world size: 1:3 in Classic and Small; 1:6 in Medium; and 1:8, like other versions of Minecraft, in Large.
- Nether wart spawns randomly wherever soul sand is generated in the Nether.
- The edge of this dimension is made of bedrock.
- The Nether is hollow, with a flat ground, when using a superflat world.
- The End
- A maximum of four end gateways will generate on Xbox One Edition, PlayStation 4 Edition, and Nintendo Switch Edition. A maximum of one end gateway will generate on Xbox 360 Edition, PlayStation 3 Edition, PlayStation Vita Edition, and Wii U Edition.
- Each end gateway portal leads to one outer island, which is as big as the main island. One outer island is guaranteed to generate with an end city.
- The size does not change with regard to world size. Even on Classic, the islands are so far apart that they are all on different Maps.
- The spawn end island generates at 0,0, up to 96 blocks form the origin. Outer islands generate 2048 blocks from the origin in cardinal directions. The first outer island generates 2048 blocks south of the world origin
- Each island is surrounded by invisible walls, making it impossible to go between them without the use of end gateways.
- Only a 192 by 192 block area (6 by 6 chunks generate) for each island.
- Only the spawn end island's noise generation loosely follows Java edition end noise generation. End pillars generate differently random from Java Edition. The outer end islands always generate the end island; rather than other end biomes (small end islands).
- Command-like options
/gamerule command options except for
randomTickSpeed and some others with an interface.
- Game options
- HUD Options
- Interface Opacity
- Interface Sensitivity
- Display HUD
- Display Hand
- In-Game Tooltips
- In-Game Gamertags
- Splitscreen Gamertags
- Hud Size
- Hud Size (Splitscreen)
- Other options
Blocks and items
- Nether Wart
- The player always begins a new world with an empty map; it will be a map of 1024x1024 area size (1:8 scale, zoom step 3).
- Maps will display the coordinates that the player is located at.
- Cannot be zoomed in.
- Are snapped to a grid different from Java Edition and Bedrock Edition.
- Specifically, maps center on 0,0, so the map at spawn would cover up to 512 blocks from the origin. Large world maps cover from 512 to 1536 blocks, and then 1536 to 2560 blocks. The center of these maps are at 1024 or 2048.
- Have an automatic crafting option
- Music disc
- After the music disc "Cat" finishes playing, the soundtrack "Dog" starts playing.
- Pre-crafted fireworks are available in Creative Mode.
- Enchanted Golden Apple
Mobs & entities
- Wither skeletons
- Spawn in all parts of the Nether rather than only in Nether fortresses.
- Twice the speed than in Java Edition.
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU1||CU1||1.00||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added a simplified crafting manual.
|The Player will always spawn in the world with a map.|
|TU6||Made cake stackable to 64.|
|Nether wart has random generation around the nether rather than in nether fortresses only.|
|TU8||Blazes now drop 0-2 glowstone dust when killed.|
|TU9||Added the end, with all exclusive features in it.|
|TU12||Added Texture Packs and Mash-up packs.|
|TU13||Doubled minecart speed.|
|TU19||CU7||1.12||Added Donkey and mule spawn eggs.
|Fireworks in creative inventory.|
|TU24||1.20||Added 30 achievements, with 20 already in game, making 50 total vs. Java Edition's 34. (Xbox 360 and PS3)|
|TU36||CU25||1.28||Patch 7||Added Battle mini-game.|
|TU41||CU30||1.33||Patch 11||Added Tumble mini-game.|
|TU43||CU33||1.36||Patch 13||Added automatic banner crafting interface.
|Grass paths in creative inventory.
|Frosted Ice is obtainable with Silk Touch.|
|New sleeping animation.|
|TU46||CU36||1.38||Patch 15||Added automatic firework crafting interface.|
|TU51||CU41||1.44||Patch 20||1.0.3||Added Glide mini-game.|
|TU54||CU44||1.52||Patch 24||1.0.4||Added Biome Scale slider and Find Balanced Seed option.
|Added separate dye crafting interface.
|Added woodland mansions, and made them and ocean monuments generate more frequently.|