November 2, 2016
- Now supports running multiple instances of Minecraft at the same time.
- Can now be kept open while the game is running, letting you access things like the help page.
- Now backs up
launcher_profiles.json(profiles, logins, etc) before migrating settings to new launcher.
- Made launch options slightly smaller, so that more of them can fit in the same space.
- The button to add a new launch option is now at the top of the list.
- "Keep launcher open" and "Show game log" are now separate settings.
- Running the launcher from a non-C drive should now work.
- There's still lingering issues with running the launcher at all for some users.
- Clicking the
.exeagain while the game is open now brings back the launcher window instead of doing nothing.
- Linux support is still underway. We're getting very close - the launcher works, but we're not yet done with distribution.
- Fixed running modded versions.
- Resolution settings should now work properly.
- Fixed an issue where opening the game directory would give an error message even when it worked.
- Pressing "Del" in input fields no longer removes the rest of the line.
- Pressing tab on the news page no longer messes with the news carousel.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when the game closed.
- Selecting input with your mouse and hitting backspace on the keyboard should now properly delete the input.
- The version information page no longer selects all text when you click it.
- Fixed an issue with the self updater.
- This may mean that users have to redownload the new launcher to get updates.