Jumping is done by pressing the jump key (which defaults to the space bar on PC) or the jump button on other devices (for example the 'A' button on Xbox).
Jump height changes
Jumping normally lets the player climb up 11⁄4 block. Players with Jump Boost I are able to jump 115⁄16 block, and with Jump Boost II they are able to jump 21⁄2 blocks. The effect also increases more with more levels of Jump Boost.
Honey blocks make players jump 3⁄16 of a block from them, meaning that they get an 85% jumping reduction.
Jumping can be combined with sprinting to increase the player's movement speed. This also reduces the hunger bar faster.
Certain mobs are able to jump:
- Villagers (but they prefer not to jump)
- Illagers (when celebrating a successful raid)
- Most other mobs.
- Jumping was one of the first transportation mechanics added.
- Jumping is one of the most used and the most versatile transportation mechanics.
- The highest possible distance a player can jump without effects is 5 blocks. Though there are various factors that are needed to perform this.
- Without momentum, it is 4 blocks. (or the harder 5 blocks, one down)
|Java Edition pre-Classic|
|Cave game tech test||Jumping was added|
|rd-132328||Humans added, and they jump occasionally|