|Date of birth|
Game developer and CTO (Midnight Hub)
Johan Bernhardsson was a game developer at Mojang AB, who worked extensively on Minecraft: Pocket Edition, and over a year by himself. Johan resigned from Mojang on September 11, 2015. In his last few weeks at Mojang, he worked on the OS X Launcher for Minecraft.
Being interested in IT, Johan taught himself to program and has ever since become enthusiastic about it.
Previously, Bernhardsson worked as a Half-Life 2 modder, a minigame developer and a software engineer. Before becoming involved with Mojang, he worked as a programmer for Stunlock Studios on the action real-time strategy game Bloodline Champions, which became a minor electronic sports title.
On September 3, 2015, Jeb posted on Instagram that Johan was leaving Mojang.
A week later, on September 11, 2015, Johan officially tweeted that he had finished his last day at Mojang.
- "@jeb_ Thanks :)" – @jbernhardsson, February 24, 2014
- "Minecarts are working!" – @jbernhardsson, November 20, 2013
- "Today was my last day at Mojang. I have moved to Malmö and will keep making games. Maybe not as big as Minecraft. :)" – @jbernhardsson, September 11, 2015
- "Today we finally announce our new game studio Midnight Hub! Go check it out!:) http://goo.gl/GuXS3x @midnighthub" – @jbernhardsson, January 28, 2016
- "I will develop Lake Ridden (it's name) together with @Teezec who is our artist and @saxen8 who handles most of the other stuff. :)" – @jbernhardsson, January 28, 2016