|Block entity ID||
|This feature is exclusive to Java Edition and Bedrock Edition.|
Jigsaw blocks are technical blocks used in the generation of some structures.
Jigsaw blocks are 'junction' blocks that will allow the game to construct structures out of smaller templates.
- Target pool
- Refers to a pool of elements the jigsaw block can draw elements from (the next template to place).
- The target pool randomly selects a template from certain folder in
- Attachment type
- Refers to the 'name' of the jigsaw block. Jigsaw blocks can only connect to other jigsaw blocks with the same 'name' (attachment type).
- Turns into
- What the jigsaw block will turn into once the whole feature is generated.
Unlike structure blocks, players cannot use jigsaw blocks to generate structures; the block is only used in the code when generating certain structures.
|Name||Default value||Allowed values||Description|
|facing||The direction the jigsaw block is facing.|
- Block entity data
- Tags common to all block entities see Template:Nbt inherit/blockentity/template
- target_pool: The jigsaw block's target pool to select a structure from.
- final_state: The block this jigsaw block will turn into.
- attachement_type: The jigsaw block's attachment type for a structure.
|1.14||18w46a||Added the jigsaw block.|
|18w47a||Jigsaw blocks are now used in the generation of pillager outpost structures.|
|18w48a||Jigsaw blocks are now used in the generation of plains village structures.|
|18w49a||Jigsaw blocks are now used in the generation of snowy and savanna village structures.|
|18w50a||Jigsaw blocks are now used in the generation of taiga and desert village structures.|
|Changed the texture of the jigsaw block.|
|19w14a||Corrected the capitalization of the block's name from "Jigsaw block" to "Jigsaw Block".|
|1.10.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Added the jigsaw block, but only available by using inventory editors.|
|It is unknown whether it is used for pillager outpost and new village generation or not.|
Jigsaw blocks used in the generation of a pillager outpost watchtower.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6eBndQ_jK0 — Video by Slicedlime on how jigsaw blocks are used to generate villages.
- "Minecraft Game" – Crowdin