Java Edition pre-Classic rd-161348
May 16, 2009
- The launcher variant of this version uses textures from later versions[note 2]
- World Generation
- Cliffs have been re-added
- The grass layer can now be thicker than 2-3 blocks
- Particles now follow the player's location (a player facing up will see the full particle rather than a sliver of the side)
- Made the crosshair graphic thicker
- Now matches modern Minecraft
- Game is no longer in fullscreen mode
- Fixed rendering glitch where the world became invisible at certain angles
terrain.pngfile for this version is dated May 21, 2009 02:02 UTC+2[note 1] (in Sweden), which is after this version was released. The textures in this version are replaced with ones from Classic 0.0.13a.
- The "rd" prefix in the update's name stands for RubyDung, a previous game Notch worked on and abandoned, and was used as some of Minecraft's inspiration.
- This is the last version to use this.
- While the
terrain.pngfiles in the launcher's variant of this version have modify times of 21:25:46 and 03:03:00, respectively, they were actually modified at 20:25:46 UTC+2 and 02:03:00 UTC+2. In
terrain.pngfiles bit-for-bit identical to those in rd-161348, but from nearby versions, the modify times are 1 hour earlier. Time zone changes do not affect jar file contents, so the launcher's rd-161348 is a repackage of the original rd-161348, during which a time zone change affected its loose files.
- The variant of rd-161348 from the launcher uses textures from Classic 0.0.13a, so its sapling texture is and its wood planks texture is .
- "rd-161348.json" , May 16, 2009.