Java Edition pre-Classic rd-161348
May 16, 2009
- The launcher variant of this version uses textures from later versions[note 2]
- Particles now follow the player's location (a player facing up will see the full particle rather than a sliver of the side)
- Made the crosshair graphic thicker
- World Generation
- Cliffs are now much more common
- the dirt layer can be more than 2-3 blocks thick
- Fixed rendering glitch where the world became invisible at certain angles
terrain.pngfile for this version is dated May 21, 2009 03:02 UTC+2[note 1] (in Sweden), which is after this version was released. The textures in this version are replaced with ones from Classic 0.0.13a.
- The "rd" prefix in the update's name stands for RubyDung, a previous game Notch worked on and abandoned, and was used as some of Minecraft's inspiration.
- This is the last version to use this.
- The char.png and terrain.png files in the launcher's variant of this version have last-modified times of 21:25:46 and 03:03:00, respectively, in UTC+3. In char.png and terrain.png files from nearby versions that are identical to those in rd-161348, their last-modified times are exactly an hour earlier, i.e. UTC+2. Since time zone changes do not affect jar file contents, the launcher's rd-161348 is a repackage of the original rd-161348, during which a time zone change affected its loose files.
- The variant of rd-161348 from the launcher uses textures from Classic 0.0.13a, so its sapling texture is and its wood planks texture is .
- "rd-161348.json" , May 16, 2009.