Java Edition pre-Classic rd-132211
May 13, 2009
August 6, 2013 (recompilation)
- Placing and destroying blocks.
- Left-clicking places a block. Right-clicking destroys a block.
- Block types are handled depending upon where they are located within the world, as opposed to later versions where any block can be placed anywhere. Blocks at the same level as Grass turn to grass and blocks at the same level as cobblestone or air turn to cobblestone.
- World generation
- Level generation improved to be not so messy and random (as shown in the Cave game tech test video), but instead completely flat
- This is the oldest version of Classic in the launcher, listed as old_alpha rd-132211.
- The 'rd' before the version number stands for RubyDung, a game Notch was working on.