Java Edition pre-Classic mc-161607
May 16, 2009
|This article's name is conjectural.|
An official name is yet to be given to the subject matter and may change at any time.
mc-161607,[note 1] only referred to by Notch as "minecraft alpha" was a pre-Classic version released on May 16, 2009, at 16:07 UTC. This was the first version of Minecraft released for private testing.
- The game was singleplayer and contained four full blocks: stone, dirt, "stacked rocks" (cobblestone) and planks.
- This is only a placeholder name; the actual version was unnamed.
- "TigIRC logs" (archived) – Archive.org, May 16, 2009, UTC–4.
- TigIRC logs: (12:07:06) notch: minecraft alpha is available. I need someone on windows, someone on mac and someone on linux!
- "Early private singleplayer alpha coming very soon" – The Word of Notch, May 16, 2009.
- TigIRC logs: (12:07:14) notch: singleplayer only still
- TigIRC logs: (12:11:20) notch: stone, dirt, stacked rocks and planks!
- TigIRC logs: (12:08:46) dock: the mouse movement is terrible [...] (12:09:16) dock: it barely moves, as though it is stuck, and then jerks [...] (12:11:55) dock: yeah the mouselook is pretty much unusable on mac
- TigIRC logs: (12:09:31) fartron: i don't have that problem but i need to invert the y axis [...] (12:09:39) fartron: or i will constantly walk into things
- TigIRC logs: (12:08:29) notch: awesome. urls pm'd.