Java Edition mentioned features
Since the beginning of Minecraft's development, there have been a number of features that were mentioned by Mojang AB developers. These features are either currently planned for the next update, but have not yet appeared in a development version, or have simply been dropped or forgotten about.
Note that this page only documents features that were mentioned but are not yet in the game. Features in development versions are described on the parent version page.
- 1 Partially implemented
- 2 Mentioned
- 3 Joke features
- 4 References
These features had been shown by a Mojang staff member, but either had no further development or were canceled shortly after.
Dinnerbone asked Twitter how they would feel about colored planks. He announced the results as being, "30% 'please no', 80% 'yes please'. Yes, that's 110%. I don't even know." Despite this, he canceled the idea and instead added hardened clay, which can be dyed. The dyed planks were abandoned after Dinnerbone realized they would also require slabs and stairs of each color. The six existing wood species eventually got unique doors, fences and fence gates, and soon will be receiving buttons, trapdoors and pressure plates.
With the addition of the lantern, torches would flicker out and need to be re-lit with flint and steel. The lantern would serve as a permanent source of light. According to Notch, when the update would occur, all torches placed on the map, in the inventory, and in chests (tile entities) prior to the update would be converted to lanterns. To do this, the lanterns would use the (former) block ID of torches along with a re-skin.
On January 13, 2011 Notch claimed that lanterns were "postponed", and added on January 20 that he was "not sure" when they would be implemented. Notch announced on November 18, 2011, at the Mojang Panel at MineCon 2011, that lanterns would not be added to Minecraft due to large negative community response towards the effects the new item would have had on torches. Instead, other types of lighting would be added, such as redstone lamps and glowstone.
Sea lanterns were added in 1.8 snapshot 14w25a, with the addition of ocean monuments. However, these sea lanterns did not make any change to how torches function; they can still be lit up for infinity.
The Lectern was an old project of Dinnerbone's. It was meant to be a stand for books so you could easily read them. He was well on his way to creating it when he encountered problems and scrapped the idea, but mentioned that he might pick up work on the lectern in the near future. Dinnerbone stated in his Reddit AMA on December 18, 2013 that he had revisited lecterns but scrapped them again as "something about them just didn't feel right".
Fish were a passive mob that Notch showed interest in adding. In the Halloween Update, Notch said he would add fish. However, they were only added as an item. There is no coding for a fish mob in the game itself, nor is there a model that currently exists. Despite being two years since the mob was first mentioned, Jon Kagstrom has stated that he is planning to add fish as a mob. Notch states in the reference the 'ability to catch fish' which is already implemented. Nothing says anything about adding a model. During Notch's AMA on Reddit, when asked about what happened to his plans of adding fish as a mob, he responded, "Oh yeah, the fish!"
These features were mentioned at one point but later abandoned or their current status is unknown. Note that some of these features were mentioned by developers who either no longer work at Mojang, or no longer work on Minecraft.
Audio loops have not yet been added to the game, but may be implemented to play when the player is in a specific location (In caves, forests, oceans, and beside a waterfall). This has been partially added in 1.4 with the addition of lava and water ambient sounds.
Notch mentioned on his blog, The Word of Notch, that friends lists would be added after Beta 1.8. The Minecraft documentary team of 2 Player Productions filmed a Keynote roadmap, containing these lines. Kristoffer mentioned on Twitter that he is currently working on friends lists for Scrolls, then for other Mojang games. These will be available for players with Mojang accounts. At MineCon 2012 Jeb stated that it would be a large implementation on the server side and will be used for all Mojang games, and that is a big project.
Players will not have to download scripts within or outside of the client, and therefore no client-side modifications will be necessary.
The server would be able to create custom commands, assign certain server functions to blocks, and create user groups.
Notch has said that he wanted Lua to be an extension for Minecraft. He does not want Lua to turn Minecraft into a game engine. Essentially, Lua, although a nice addition, will not revolutionize game-play in Minecraft.
Ryan Holtz stated that he wanted to improve the rendering system to allow for customizable models and animations. Dinnerbone later stated that player models would not be able to be changed.
Dinnerbone once tweeted about pandas in response to the question "If you could code any mob into the game, what would it be?"
|“||Pandas. I already tried playing with them, but I still need to get used to skinning and animating things.||„|
On December 18, 2013, on Reddit, Dinnerbone answered the question "If you could add one feature to Minecraft without the hassle of coding or modeling, just anything, and you wouldn't need anyone's permission: What do?".
Notch revealed during the 8th Seecret Friday Update that he would add dragons, one being the ender dragon, the other being red dragons. Jeb informed participants of his AMA on Reddit that he would add red dragons, but was unsure exactly how. The red dragon has not subsequently been added.
On October 22, 2013, Dinnerbone tweeted that the red dragon is "shelved" and not in development.
|“||It was never promised, we have no plans to add a red dragon at this time.||„|
Later, on December 15, 2013, Dinnerbone wrote on Reddit that there will be red dragons in Minecraft one day.
|“||I'm sure one day there will be. Not right now though.||„|
Dinnerbone mentioned on Twitter that he was experimenting with adding seasons, and varying the length of day and night according to season. He also mentioned it during MineCon 2013. Seasons may include changes in color of tree leaves and may also be tied to real time.
Spike blocks were originally planned for Beta 1.7, working by extending and retracting spikes (and making them more "spike pistons" than anything), but were replaced by sticky pistons. On May 28, 2012, Dinnerbone stated that he'd like to add spike blocks, but is unsure of how to implement them.
An inventory rewrite was originally added in the snapshot 14w17a for 1.8, but a roadblock was hit and they had to shelve it before the release of 1.8. Other changes to the inventory have been mentioned, including spectators can now look at people's inventory, visible health/armor bar on all players,, seeing players' GUI when spectating from their POV and the return of shift-double-clicking.
These features were briefly mentioned, but no further information was given after that.
- Partially implemented: More animals such as fish, birds, and tree animals, to make the game seem more alive. Partially added in 1.12 with parrots.
- Partially implemented/Planned feature: More sea life Partially added in 1.8 with guardians. More implementation will be in 1.13, including fish mobs and dolphins.
- Partially implemented: More structures in biomes Partially added in 1.11 with Woodland Mansions and End Cities
- More dimensions
- Partially implemented: More rare structures and terrain changes Partially added with Ice Spikes.
- More ores and cave types
- Height-based content, something like vertical biomes.
- Partially implemented: All exclusive Pocket Edition features ported to PC Partially added with new boats on 1.9, and partially with the new crafting system on 1.12.
- Planned feature: Updating all textures to fit better together, stylistically.
More specific features
- Mentioned in 2009
- In early Alpha, Notch mentioned two more gamemodes, Team Survival Mode and Fortress Mode, which would include the ability to play Capture the Flag
- Mentioned in 2010
- Animated swinging doors
- Planned feature: Coral. Notch abandoned the idea, stating "It's really hard to draw a single block that looks like corals, since it's really more about crazy amounts of variation and diversity. But I do know that the corals will have tiny fish particles around them." This feature, alongside the fish, will face a full implementation in 1.13.
- Notch once planned to make floating masses of land that required obsidian veins to stay afloat. He later stated that he disliked the idea.
- Colliding clouds
- Server portals
- Mentioned in 2011
- The ability to choose what work saves to the level files
- Rainbow crystalline caves
- Storing of achievements and statistics online
- Cave maps - Notch stated that they are "an interesting idea".
- Custom paintings
- Mentioned in 2012
- Crying Obsidian
- Vertical redstone
- Ability to design village buildings
- Books editable anywhere, not just at the end of the page
- Silk touch yielding double half slabs
- Ability to pause the game in multiplayer, but only for ops. Users will then get to chat until the game is back.
- Copy and paste support on signs
- Minecarts usable as boats
- Fallen trees (like what is currently in Pocket Edition)
- A new male mob that has no clothes.
- Planned feature: Turtles. Turtles, like fish and coral, will be implemented in 1.13.
- More colors and texture pack customizations of maps
- Flower pots breaking when hit by arrows.
- Utilizing the space above the Nether ceiling for something else.
- Partially implemented: Fireworks having effects on mobs, such as scaring wolves. Implemented with elytra boosting and damaging mobs if explosive.
- Maps would have more support for colors and support Texturepack textures
- Mentioned in 2013
- Minecart with dispenser;, the image may have just been showcasing the custom tile displays in minecarts which were added in the next snapshot, 13w02a.
- Dinnerbone's original demonstration of the
.mcmetaformat for resource packs contained a sample properties file for fonts to determine character size and spacing. Despite the game code containing the code to read the files, it never actually uses them leaving character width and spacing to be determined dynamically.
- Enchanted items apply attributes on use.
- Cherry trees
- The ability to remove enchantments from an item.
- Adding more places to display scoreboard scores.[dead link]
- Colored lighting
- A better UI for server admins/ops, inspired by the twitch user moderation menu.
- A resource pack-related feature that allows improved Russian font display
- Better construction analysis
- Partially implemented: A new system that could alter weapon behavior.
- This has been partially implemented in 15w34a, with the implementation of attack speed
- Easier way to implement terrain changes
- Portable light (e.g. holding a torch in your hand which provides light).
- A hug animation
- Mentioned in 2014
- Improved camera controls
- Rewrite the liquid and lighting engine May be implemented in 1.13, due to water's ability to occupy non full blocks.
- Partially implemented: A gamerule which prevents rain/snow
- This has been slightly implemented in 16w38a, with the implementation of the gamerule doWeatherCycle, which disables the weather from changing.
- Dinnerbone has stated he has an "Ultimate Plan" with endermites that might include the dragon egg.
- Rewriting the key bind system.
- Building a custom sound system.
- Sheep showing their color when shorn, like the Pocket Edition
- Multithreaded terrain generation rendering.
- Fixes to chunk loading.
- JSON support on signs and possibly implementing a way to "make it work in survival". Searge later said "The plan is to eventually have every text that can be displayed on the screen use the text component system, then using § won't be necessary anymore."
- Another rabbit skin
- Changes to the world format - modularizing and storing in 16 block high sections, ids per chunk Such a feature would likely allow for infinite building height.
- Ryan Holtz originally mentioned adding a slider for cloud height, though he later stated the idea was controversial among the team so he scrapped it.
- Using the killer rabbit killing mobs for something.
- Mesa temple
- Partially implemented/Planned feature: Different types of trapdoors
- Partially implemented with Iron Trapdoors, will be fully implemented with different wooden trapdoors in 1.13
- A marker entity.
- Better autocomplete (prompt while writing) and auto GUI creation for commands. Added in 1.13
- Reindeer - initially suggested for Christmas 2015.
- Being able to make the world border's center slowly move
- Mentioned in 2015
- In game lore
- Nether portals placing players in front if possible.
- Entities possibly being able to switch between weapons - "There are no plans right now for entities to use that [offhand] slot, but it might be a potential change in the future. It's just cleaner to have generic support for the off-hand slot than adding a special-case the player class only."
- Making it so shields are used to block attacks from the side the shield is held on.
- A mob which camouflages with its environment - when developing the Shulker mob, Jeb initially had it so that the mob would camouflage with the surroundings, but due to difficulties with the code and rendering, he decided to abandon this element of the mob, but stated that it may happen in the future.
- Allowing mobs to have additional random skins, similarly to horses, cats and rabbits.
/clonethe ability to rotate and mirror structures.
- Minecart improvements after/in 1.10
- Recipes for seamless slabs. Seamless slabs and bark blocks were added to the creative inventory in 1.13 snapshot 17w47a, with bark blocks given a recipe, making this a possibly more likely occurrence.
- Mentioned in 2016
- Phasing out the minecart with furnace.
- New musician villager that trades note blocks, jukeboxes, and music discs.
- A Dragon Head banner pattern
- If a piston gets powered and is unable to push, showing a smoke particle effect and playing a small "clunk" sound
- If the bow used to craft a dispenser is enchanted, making the arrows fired from the dispenser to act accordingly
- Mentioned in 2017
- Ability to edit the skybox and biome/foliage/light colors in resource packs
- A "Pillager Illager", and possibly other illagers with different purposes (many suggested as jokes)
- More illagers
- Change the current purple shulker box to the "default" shulker box as in glass and terracotta, allowing for the return of purple dyed shulker boxes This has been done in the pocket edition.
- Nether gold ore
Notch and other Mojang AB employees have frequently joked about adding various features to the game.
- Searge jokingly stated that due to the fact that people didn't dislike the changes in the 15w42a snapshot, he would add a fuel requirement to crafting tables.
- Koalas in tanks riding on planes with laser rifles was jokingly added to the "maybe later" list by Searge.
- Hot dogs.
- Herobrine. In every new major Minecraft update like Halloween Update, Adventure Update, Pretty Scary Update, Redstone Update, Horse Update, The Update That Changed The World, The Bountiful Update, The Combat Update, The Frostburn Update, The Exploration Update, and The World of Color Update, it says "removed Herobrine", but Herobrine was never implemented. This has also appeared in the changelog for Scrolls version 0.103.0.
- When Hardcore mode was announced, a joke screenshot of "Ultra Hardcore Mode" was shown, where death would revoke an account's premium status.
- Jeb joked about adding chips if 100% of the community agreed on what type the chips would be.
- Marc joked about adding Top Hats for 1.4.
- A snapshot named 12marc40awesome containing various joke features such as volcanoes, more dragons, coral, fish, and fish blocks. Corals and fish mobs are going to receive full implementation in 1.13 as told in MineCon Earth (at the time they were to be implemented in 1.14).
- Pine cones.
- Dinnerbone joked about adding dwarves when asked about it.
- SethBling mentioned a downside of command blocks on one of his livestreams, and Dinnerbone joked about removing command blocks to accommodate him.
- Dinnerbone joked that Minecraft pizza would be a good idea to add, and as a joke KrisJelbring states pizza is confirmed to be added.
- Mojang has made several April Fools jokes:
- In 2011, the locked chest or "Steve Co. Supply Crate" was temporarily added which "allowed" various micro-transactions in the game.
- In 2013, Mojang released Minecraft 2.0 which contained features such as pink withers and redstone bugs.
- In 2014, the default sounds were replaced with a voice (specifically, that of ElementAnimation, a famous YouTuber group known for making several popular videos about Minecraft) saying the name of the sound's source, the music was replaced with a rendition of the title theme of the TV series Game of Thrones (consisting of the word "door" repeated to the tune of the music), and everyone's skins were replaced with modified versions of the villager textures, edited to fit the player model. This was all blamed on the villagers.
- In 2015, Mojang released 15w14a, which made all the mobs in the game friendly and lovey.
- In 2016, Mojang released 1.RV-Pre1, which added trendy items of 2016.
- In 2017, the Mine & Craft Digital Leisure Device was announced on the Minecraft website.
- The Word of Notch, Oct 4 2010
- “I'vent look at this yet and can't really tell at the moment. I would like to add birds, fish and tree animals to make it more alive. However this will take some time before it can be done.” – u/jonkagstrom, April 13, 2012
- “I would also like to see this. Terrain changes & big structures are hard though. On my big virtual to-do list is a way to make them easier to do.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “I would also like to see this. Terrain changes & big structures are hard though. On my big virtual to-do list is a way to make them easier to do.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “Yes.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “I'd actually love this. I've wanted it for so long but haven't figured out the best way to do it.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “@MCPENEWSINFO1 Yes, eventually. We are now working towards having the same game on all platforms” – @jeb_, April 4, 2015
- “We have a vague plan to update all textures in the game so they fit better together style wise. At the moment Johan is too busy on other things though, so I'm not sure we will be able to make it in time for 1.12.” – u/jeb_, February 10, 2017
- http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6273 – Notch, May 17, 2009
- wordofnotch:660061390 – Notch, June 3, 2010
- wordofnotch:746938105 – Notch, June 28, 2010
- “@BIindRob no, I've stopped liking that idea. Not sure why.” – @notch, October 20, 2010
- “I have to say that this is amazing. It would be relatively trivial to add almost immediately, but blocks of clouds would pop in and out of existence if I did it the simple way. I will draw inspiration from this. Thank you, submitter.” – u/xNotch, November 18, 2010
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120204184936/http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/server_portals – November 29, 2010
- http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2812089385/the-web-server-is-struggling-were-migrating – Notch, January 18, 2011
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120108050113/http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/rainbow_crystalline_caves_and_how – February 7, 2011
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdoH3kzg938&t=198s – February 20, 2011
- http://notch.tumblr.com/post/4746701552/minecraft-beta-1-5-and-some-thoughts-on-this-blog – Notch, April 19, 2011
- “@OhHaiMe It will not update if you leave the map area. It only maps the top level now, but cave maps is an interesting idea..” – @notch, April 27, 2011
- wordofnotch:4988431144 – Notch, April 27, 2011
- “@Maxwilso As soon as I've made preparations for more texture space” – @jeb_, February 9, 2012
- “I haven't looked at this yet. I'm afraid it will add a lot of complexity to the redstone code, but it's definitely doable. It's one of those "later" things.” – u/jeb_, April 4, 2012
- “Question: "Is there going to be an external folder we can just drop the 'schematics' in?" Answer: "That would have been very neat. Would also be cool if the schematics were online and shared automatically, kind of like Spore's creatures. On the question of when, I don't know."” – u/jeb_, April 4, 2012
- “@MinecraftTeachr Let me guess the 'worse': You can only edit at the end of a page =( Didn't have time for multi-line editing this week” – @jeb_, April 26, 2012
- “Silk touch yields two single slabs from a double slab block, equivalent to normal pickaxe usage. This may or may not change. #Minecraft” – @EvilSeph, May 3, 2012
- “*If* we add it for multiplayer, it'd probably be an op-only /pause with an optional automatic pause when everyone's in a menu.” – @Dinnerbone, May 4, 2012
- “@Puremin0rez Pause the whole server. Everyone would see a screen saying "the server is paused because so and so", with chat until unpaused” – @Dinnerbone, May 4, 2012
- “@Dinnerbone Is there going to be a copy/paste function in signs?” – @thormortenns, July 5, 2012
- “@ThorMortenNs Eventually” – @Dinnerbone, July 5, 2012
- “@JarGargon Some day, perhaps. Little tricky right now.” – @Dinnerbone, July 9, 2012
- “In other news, here's something I was playing with after I ran out of bugfixes earlier. http://dinnerbone.com/media/uploads/2012-07/screenshots/2012-07-24_14-26-43.I81819362.png … (No, it's not in 12w30c!)” – @Dinnerbone, July 24, 2012
- “Coding some new mobstuffs. This is hilarious. He has no clothes! :(” – @Dinnerbone, August 13, 2012
- “Working on a very old but popular minecraft suggestion that keeps popping up every so often; I put my new mob on hold for now.” – @Dinnerbone, August 14, 2012
- “@123sendodo No. I've shelved that mob for now.” – @Dinnerbone, September 14, 2012
- “No... I saw Mo' Creatures' turtles and got a bit demotivated to do my own ones. Maybe later...” – u/jeb_, August 17, 2012
- “I can confirm this, we just haven't tweeted about it. You'll notice in tomorrow's snapshot. The reason why I'm commenting here is just to say that it's not a turtle. This rumor has been spreading because I replied in an email that "I like turtles!" (reference to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y ). The truth is that I'll maybe end up adding turtles one day, it's just that Mo's turtles are difficult to top: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28FxHPprioA” – u/jeb_, September 19, 2012
- “I'm considering a change to maps to allow them to support more colours and texpack customizations, but back-compat would be difficult... Hm.” – @Dinnerbone, August 27, 2012
- “@Brail4 Hard to do "properly". Working on it, but no guarantees.” – @Dinnerbone, August 28, 2012
- “@crash_nick Likely not, but I was considering reusing that space for something else!” – @Dinnerbone, September 26, 2012
- “Fireworks don't affect any gameplay yet, but obviously wolves should be frightened (and maybe other things?)” – @jeb_, December 7, 2012
- https://web.archive.org/web/20141014033213/http://limitedengagement.net/podcasts/010-the-future-of-minecraft/ at 1:47:20
- “They're trying to take another village, so we used their tracks against them and sent in the turrets. I hope this works http://i.imgur.com/HXPKn.jpg ” – @Dinnerbone, January 7, 2013
- https://gist.github.com/Dinnerbone/5662824 – May 28, 2013
- “One of my goals of the new attribute system is to allow Bane of Arthropods to temporarily slow spiders on hit. Only then will I be happy.” – @Dinnerbone, May 30, 2013
- “I would love to see (sharing this with millions of Japanese people?) cherry trees in Minecraft. http://youtu.be/C6xi9JMDv44 @jeb_ @Dinnerbone” – @pgeuder, July 29, 2013
- “@AnimeClaudia *hugs*. You'll have a way to remove enchantments one day...” – @Dinnerbone, October 22, 2013
- http://www.twitch.tv/mojang/b/475864771 at 05:56:50 – November 2, 2013
- “@BlackDragon17x I've actually done so in a separate branch, but it's buggy and needs work still. Won't say no, but don't expect it for 1.8.” – @TheMogMiner, November 7, 2013
- “@WesCook There's plans to!” – @Dinnerbone, November 19, 2013
- “@ShuraShpilkin not yet, but you just made me realise a nice feature I could add that should make that possible with a ResourcePack. Thanks!” – @_grum, December 1, 2013
- “Analyzing block placement creates some really hard-to-read and slow code... That's the main reason why a "village house" is just a door. We hope to add better systems for analyzing constructions in the future, but changing the bookshelf layout is not our main priority.” – u/jeb_, December 17, 2013
- “Enchantment that changes blocking could be fun, but I think that could better fit a different system I hope to be working on soon.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “I hope so, but it's really taxing from a technical standpoint.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “Yes, with the plugin API. I'd love emotes, I'd love to include support for them (with animations) but they're tricky to do right now. I tell you what; I'll look into a hug animation when I can!” – u/dinnerbone, December 19, 2013
- “I was considering adding basalt, but I didn't want to add another black block. Not now, anyway.” – u/jeb_, January 12, 2014
- “@Tarvii Ain't done yet. Camera controls are on my list.” – @Dinnerbone, January 30, 2014
- “@ledpx It's on the todo list, no idea when it will surface.” – @_grum, February 3, 2014
- “@SaiferMc I plan to!” – @Dinnerbone, February 7, 2014
- “I do have an Ultimate Plan™ with endermites, but it will wait. May also include dragon egg but I haven't discussed this with the team yet.” – @Dinnerbone, March 13, 2014
- “@Brail4 No problem! We're rewriting the inventory system + the keybind system to make stuff like this possible, but I can't guarantee when..” – @Dinnerbone, March 20, 2014
- “@cazzar99 Which bug? Building our own soundengine is on the todo list :(” – @_grum, April 9, 2014
- “@stonepa11 Challenge accepted!” – @TheMogMiner, April 13, 2014
- “I hear you there. It would be nice to make the terrain generation and terrain rendering multithreaded, but the code isn't quite decoupled enough yet to make such a thing easy. It's somewhere on the road map, though.” – u/TheMogMiner, April 24, 2014
- “Yeah, chunk loading is a pretty personal bugbear for me. ...” – u/TheMogMiner, June 7, 2014
- “@DtrollMcModder It's one of the things I'm looking into, actually! Thanks for your input, I'm glad people are looking forward to a fix. :)” – @TheMogMiner, June 6, 2014
- “Is this a thing? Not yet, but maybe in our next snapshot. Well, if we find anyone who actually likes this feature...” – @SeargeDP, June 9, 2014
- “It's not easy to make it work in survival, will discuss options tomorrow to see if we find a nice solution.” – @SeargeDP, June 9, 2014
- “The plan is to eventually have every text that can be displayed on the screen use the text component system, then using § won't be necessary anymore. But that's still work in progress and I don't know exactly when we will finish this task.” – u/Searge, August 7, 2015
- “@TABII98_1911 Yup, can you send me a DM with the pictures?” – @TheMogMiner, July 12, 2014
- “@TABII98_1911 Probably not in this snapshot, but remind me on Friday.” – @TheMogMiner, July 2, 2014
- “@Summanistweets won't be cubic chunks perse. But that will be the unit of storage.” – @_grum, July 17, 2014
- “Yesh yesh y'all http://i.imgur.com/bgm4lpW.png” – @TheMogMiner, June 17, 2014
- “Well, I didn't think cloud height could possibly be controversial among the team, but it is, so out it goes. Sorry for getting hopes up.” – @TheMogMiner, June 17, 2014
- “@docm77 that's not how it works, but I'll write down the idea for something else I plan to add eventually :)” – @SeargeDP, July 23, 2014
- “@cyruschan2003 Maybe one day” – @jeb_, August 7, 2014
- “@HennoeR @_grum Well it's funny you should mention that, we had a discussion and decided we should do that too. No ETA, though.” – @TheMogMiner, August 8, 2014
- “Question: @jeb_ hey now that you're at it, why don't you add more trapdoors in different types of wood? Answer: It's on the todo list” – @jeb_, April 26, 2017
- “Armorstands as position markers, with Small, Nogravity and Invisible set to true, DisabledSlots set to 31. Until we have something better.” – @SeargeDP, August 25, 2014
- “@joshnoodle98 No idea what you are doing, but I'm definitely hinting at a marker entity in the future.” – @SeargeDP, August 25, 2014
- “Fun ideas to look into after I finish this: better autocomplete (prompt whilst writing), auto GUI creation for commands, something fun.” – @Dinnerbone, September 29, 2014
- “OAuth is still on our todo list, but it's not a high priority right now (or rather, we have a bunch of higher priority things which need to come first) sorry” – u/Dinnerbone, November 25, 2014
- “Next xmas?” – u/jeb_, December 14, 2014
- “Question: @Dinnerbone Is it or will it be possible to set the world border center-point to slowly move? Travelling UHC mode would be cool. Answer: @WorkdayLobster I do want to add this.” – @Dinnerbone, April 24, 2014
- “@Spenny1425 Well, maybe not nachos, but corn could be a fun food source” – @jeb_, Jan 13, 2015
- “@searous Maybe, but we also like the mystery” – @jeb_, February 10, 2015
- https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-73504?focusedCommentId=224785&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-224785 "For 1.8.4 this will be fixed just by keeping the player in the portal block, but this is not ideal and it should make sure we can place them outside if it's a "preferable" spot (ie: not a drop into lava). This will be fixed fully in a later release." – Dinnerbone, April 17, 2015
- “There are no plans right now for entities to use that slot, but it might be a potential change in the future. It's just cleaner to have generic support for the off-hand slot than adding a special-case the player class only.” – u/Searge, June 15, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blkh2fxo6iY – July 5, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3vjmzCV8PY&t=12m17s – July 30, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtOLw1LAarE&t=43m50s – August 10, 2015
- “@JonpotTDS you can't use them, the functionality is disabled in release builds. Some of it will soon be added to /clone, but not in 15w31” – @SeargeDP, Jul 29, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtOLw1LAarE&t=39m57s – August 10, 2015
- “I have plans, prototyped them, ran into problems, might have a solution ... but can only work on it after the structural changes I want to do in 1.10 :D Also no spoilers! Though those would be fun on a minecart, along with some flame decals =D” – u/_Grum, October 21, 2015
- “Question: "Will seamless slabs and bark blocks be obtaineble in 1.10?" _Grum: "With setblock? Yes. As item? Perhaps if we find a good recipe."” – u/_Grum, November 29, 2015
- “@alphaxseven @Dinnerbone @SeargeDP I think we will phase out the furnace minecraft” – @jeb_, February 15, 2016
- “I like this idea! That doesn't mean it will get added right now, though. Two issues; maybe a little too niche, and where would it live? ;)” – u/jeb_, May 16, 2016
- “If the dragon head block would have a banner pattern, what would it look like?” – @jeb_, November 30, 2016
- “Added to our minor polishing list.” – u/jeb_, December 15, 2016
- “Added to our minor polishing list.” – u/jeb_, December 15, 2016
- “I have a branch with a prototype for this somewhere, might have time to work on it for 1.13 :)” – u/_Grum, April 20, 2017
- “Just posting this here so you don't think we nicked the idea from the community: There is a "Pillager" illager on our planned TODO list. It's not going to be a pirate, though.” – u/jeb_, March 27, 2017
- “Other ones we considered:
• Drillager, he comes and pokes holes in things.
• Fillager, he fixes the previous guys stuff.
• Thrillager, really likes heights and scary things.
• Killager, but we kinda already have that.
• Spillager, prevents you from drinking potions.
• Stillager, just stands around blocking important doorways.
• Millager, the only hard working one of the bunch.” – u/Dinnerbone, March 27, 2017
- “• Krillager - Swims around and gets eaten by whales” – u/jeb_, March 27, 2017
- "Meet the Vindicator" – Minecraft.net, June 20, 2017
|Legacy Console Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|