Java Edition mentioned features
Since the beginning of Minecraft's development, there have been a number of features that were mentioned by Mojang AB developers. These features are either currently planned for the next update, but have not yet appeared in a development version, or have simply been dropped or forgotten about.
Note that this page only documents features that were mentioned, but are not yet in the game. Features in development versions are described on the parent version page.
- 1 Planned
- 2 Partially implemented
- 3 Mentioned
- 4 Joke features
- 5 References
These features are planned to come to Minecraft sometime in the future, in an update that has not yet been determined. For features that will be in the next version of Minecraft, see Planned versions.
Jeb revealed this to a participant in the MineCon Earth costume contest, who later revealed it to the Minecraft Community on a Reddit post. Blocking will no longer be activated by using; sneaking or walking backwards will activate it instead. This was later mentioned again in a tweet by Docm77, saying that "the combat system will get a major overhaul."
Changes with the off-hand slot added in 1.9 are also planned on being added to Minecraft sometime in the future. Specifically, the player will no longer be able to attack or place blocks with any item in their off-hand slot. However, players will still be able to hold items in the off-hand slot, which still makes the off-hand useful for maps and such. Also, blocking will still be able to be activated if the player is holding a shield in their off-hand. However, this regression was later retracted due to massive community backlash.
Docm77 confirmed in a tweet that sometime in the future, two new graphics settings will be added to Minecraft: "fancy" and "super fancy."
During MineCon Earth 2018, viewers could vote on which biome they wanted to update, mainly between Taiga, Savanna, and Desert. Taiga ended up being the winner, while Savanna, which had been planned to have baobabs, termites, and ostriches; and Desert, with its palm trees and meerkats; all planned to be added in later updates.
These features had been shown by a Mojang staff member, but either had no further development or were canceled shortly after.
Dinnerbone asked Twitter how they would feel about colored planks. He announced the results as being, "30% 'please no', 80% 'yes please'. Yes, that's 110%. I don't even know." Despite this, he canceled the idea and instead added hardened clay, which can be dyed. The dyed planks were abandoned after Dinnerbone realized they would also require slabs and stairs. The six existing wood species eventually got doors and fences, fence gates, buttons, trapdoors and pressure plates.
|Sky||A hidden biome before Beta 1.9 Prerelease 4, this biome was exclusive to, and the sole biome of the Sky Dimension. It would generate floating islands with oceans of air surrounding them. Trees were uncommon. No weather occurred here. It had small patches of snow, although it would not accumulate again. It had green with some extra blue hue for foliage colors. This biome was introduced in Beta 1.6 along with the Sky Dimension itself. It was reintroduced for The End's biome though.|
|Ice Desert (corner case biome)||A biome in the code before Beta 1.8 that was supposed to generate at maximum coldness and dryness, but did not actually generate due to bugs. It was a biome of sand with snow on top of it and had snowfall and ice.|
With the addition of the Buffet functionality in 1.13 snapshot 18w15a, this can be recreated by using the "Floating Islands" option.
These features were mentioned at one point, but later abandoned or their current status is unknown. Note that some of these features were mentioned by developers who either no longer work at Mojang, or no longer work on Minecraft.
Crystal Horse Armor
Horse Armor textures were taken from the Mo'Creatures mod.
Originally, this mod's "Crystal" Horse Armor was also intended, but the idea was abandoned. 
Audio loops have not yet been added to the game, but may be implemented to play when the player is in a specific location (In caves, forests, oceans, and beside a waterfall). This has been partially added in 1.4 with the addition of lava and water ambient sounds. Loop sounds have been partially added for underwater areas in snapshot 18w10a.
Notch mentioned on his blog, The Word of Notch, that friends lists would be added after Beta 1.8. The Minecraft documentary team of 2 Player Productions filmed a Keynote roadmap, containing these lines. Kristoffer mentioned on Twitter that he is currently working on friends lists for Scrolls, then for other Mojang games. These will be available for players with Mojang accounts. At MineCon 2012 Jeb stated that it would be a large implementation on the server side and will be used for all Mojang games, and that is a big project.
Players will not have to download scripts within or outside of the client, and therefore no client-side modifications will be necessary.
The server would be able to create custom commands, assign certain server functions to blocks, and create user groups.
Notch has said that he wanted Lua to be an extension for Minecraft. He does not want Lua to turn Minecraft into a game engine. Essentially, Lua, although a nice addition, will not revolutionize game-play in Minecraft.
Ryan Holtz stated that he wanted to improve the rendering system to allow for customizable models and animations. Dinnerbone later stated that player models would not be able to be changed.
Notch revealed during the 8th Seecret Friday Update that he would add dragons, one being the ender dragon, the other being red dragons. Jeb informed participants of his AMA on Reddit that he would add red dragons, but was unsure exactly how. The red dragon has not subsequently been added.
On October 22, 2013, Dinnerbone tweeted that the red dragon is "shelved" and not in development.
|“||It was never promised, we have no plans to add a red dragon at this time.||„|
|— Dinnerbone |
Later, on December 15, 2013, Dinnerbone wrote on Reddit that there will be red dragons in Minecraft one day.
|“||I'm sure one day there will be. Not right now though.||„|
Dinnerbone mentioned on Twitter that he was experimenting with adding seasons, and varying the length of day and night according to season. He also mentioned it during MineCon 2013. Seasons may include changes in color of tree leaves and may also be tied to real time.
Spikes received a mention in mid-2009 by Notch in a blog post. These were originally planned for Beta 1.7, working by extending and retracting spikes (and making them more "spike pistons" than anything), but were replaced by sticky pistons. On May 28, 2012, Dinnerbone stated that he'd like to add spike blocks, but is unsure of how to implement them.
An inventory rewrite was originally added in the snapshot 14w17a for 1.8, but a roadblock was hit and they had to shelve it before the release of 1.8. Other changes to the inventory have been mentioned, including spectators can now look at people's inventory, visible health/armor bar on all players,, seeing players' GUI when spectating from their POV and the return of shift-double-clicking.
Multiple references to steel were made early on in the game's development. Notch had stated that it could be made using coal and iron ore, and that it could be used for armor and weapons more powerful than iron. In-game, the flint and steel is crafted using raw iron.
These features were briefly mentioned, but no further information was given after that.
- Partially implemented: More animals such as fish, birds, and tree animals, to make the game seem more alive. Partially added in 1.12 with parrots, and in 1.13 with fish mobs.
- Partially implemented: More structures in biomes Since this was mentioned, woodland mansions, End cities, shipwrecks and underwater ruins have been implemented.
- More dimensions
- Partially implemented: More rare structures and terrain changes Partially added with Ice Spikes.
- More ores and cave types
- Height-based content, something like vertical biomes.
- Partially implemented: All exclusive Bedrock Edition features ported to Java Edition Partially added with new boats on 1.9, with the new crafting system on 1.12, and with the ability to place chests side by side in 1.13.
More specific features
- Mentioned in 2009
- In early development, Notch mentioned two more gamemodes, Team Survival Mode and Fortress Mode, which would include the ability to play Capture the Flag
- Crystal, found underground
- Mentioned in 2010
- Animated swinging doors
- Colliding clouds
- Server portals
- Turnips (May have partly been implemented with the addition of beetroots.)
- Dungeon Mode: Same as Survival Mode, except players can't craft or modify the world. Planned to have been used to play missions on pre-made maps.
- "Clan" mode.
- Server-side scripting.
- Land claim flags: planting a flag (possibly costs gold in Survival mode) claims an area of land. No monsters can spawn or die from age in that area, and only selected players can build in that area.
- Smoke block: would be generated by fire, be passable, cast shadows, float upwards and disappear after a short time.
- Gravity: all blocks except possibly obsidian would be affected by gravity. Floating islands would need obsidian veins to stay afloat. Notch later stated that he disliked the idea.
- More crafting templates: arrows, food, armor, etc. (Possibly added in 1.14.)
- In-game anti-cheat: make the server check for flying, no clip and increased speed. Add those options to the client, but only enable if the server says it's okay.
- Mentioned in 2011
- The ability to choose what work saves to the level files
- Rainbow crystalline caves
- Storing of achievements and statistics online
- Cave maps - Notch stated that they are "an interesting idea".
- Custom paintings
- Hand-drawn signs
- Exploding arrows
- Mentioned in 2012
- Crying Obsidian
- Vertical redstone
- Ability to design village buildings
- Books editable anywhere, not just at the end of the page
- Silk Touch yielding double half slabs
- Ability to pause the game in multiplayer, but only for ops. Users will then get to chat until the game is back.
- Minecarts usable as boats
- Fallen trees (like what is currently in Bedrock Edition)
- A new male mob that has no clothes.
- More colors and texture pack customizations of maps
- Flower pots breaking when hit by arrows.
- Utilizing the space above the Nether ceiling for something else.
- Partially implemented: Fireworks having effects on mobs, such as scaring wolves. Implemented with elytra boosting and damaging mobs if explosive.
- Maps would have more support for colors and support Texturepack textures
- Mentioned in 2013
- , the image may have just been showcasing the custom tile displays in minecarts which were added in the next snapshot, 13w02a.
- Dinnerbone's original demonstration of the
.mcmetaformat for resource packs contained a sample properties file for fonts to determine character size and spacing. Despite the game code containing the code to read the files, it never actually uses them leaving character width and spacing to be determined dynamically.
- Enchanted items apply attributes on use.
- Cherry trees
- Adding more places to display scoreboard scores.[dead link]
- Colored lighting
- A better UI for server admins/ops, inspired by the twitch user moderation menu.
- A resource pack-related feature that allows improved Russian font display
- Better construction analysis
- Partially implemented: A new system that could alter weapon behavior.
- This has been partially implemented in 15w34a, with the implementation of attack speed
- Easier way to implement terrain changes
- Portable light (e.g. holding a torch in your hand which provides light).
- A hug animation
- Mentioned in 2014
- Improved camera controls
- Partially implemented: Rewrite the liquid and lighting engine. Partially implemented in the 1.13 snapshot 18w10c, allowing water to appear to occupy certain non-full blocks.
- Partially implemented: A gamerule which prevents rain/snow
- This has been slightly implemented in 16w38a, with the implementation of the gamerule
doWeatherCycle, which disables the weather from changing.
- This has been slightly implemented in 16w38a, with the implementation of the gamerule
- Dinnerbone has stated he has an "Ultimate Plan" with endermites that might include the dragon egg.
- Rewriting the key bind system.
- Building a custom sound system.
- Sheep showing their color when shorn, like the Bedrock Edition
- Multithreaded terrain generation rendering.
- Fixes to chunk loading.
- JSON support on signs and possibly implementing a way to "make it work in survival". Searge later said "The plan is to eventually have every text that can be displayed on the screen use the text component system, then using § won't be necessary anymore."
- Another rabbit skin
- Changes to the world format - modularizing and storing in 16 block high sections, ids per chunk Such a feature would likely allow for infinite building height.
- Ryan Holtz originally mentioned adding a slider for cloud height, though he later stated the idea was controversial among the team so he scrapped it.
- Using the killer rabbit killing mobs for something.
- Mesa temple
- A marker entity.
- Reindeer - initially suggested for Christmas 2015.
- Being able to make the world border's center slowly move
- Mentioned in 2015
- In game lore
- Nether portals placing players in front if possible.
- Entities possibly being able to switch between weapons - "There are no plans right now for entities to use that [offhand] slot, but it might be a potential change in the future. It's just cleaner to have generic support for the off-hand slot than adding a special-case the player class only."
- Making it so shields are used to block attacks from the side the shield is held on.
- A mob which camouflages with its environment - when developing the Shulker mob, Jeb initially had it so that the mob would camouflage with the surroundings, but due to difficulties with the code and rendering, he decided to abandon this element of the mob, but stated that it may happen in the future.
- Allowing mobs to have additional random skins, similarly to horses, cats and rabbits.
/clonethe ability to rotate and mirror structures.
- Minecart improvements after/in 1.10
- Mentioned in 2016
- Phasing out the minecart with furnace.
- New musician villager that trades note blocks, jukeboxes, and music discs.
- A Dragon Head banner pattern
- If a piston gets powered and is unable to push, showing a smoke particle effect and playing a small "clunk" sound
- If the bow used to craft a dispenser is enchanted, making the arrows fired from the dispenser to act accordingly
- Mentioned in 2017
- Ability to edit the skybox and biome/foliage/light colors in resource packs
- More types of illagers, many suggested as joke. One of them, the Pillager, will be implemented in 1.14.
- More illagers
- Nether gold ore
- A set of prismarine blocks with a color scheme matching that of the Elder Guardian, similarly to how regular prismarine imitates normal Guardians.
- Mentioned in 2018
- Ability to make water occupy one side of a glass pane, but not the other
- Seals/Sea Lions and/or Orcas
- Pink river dolphins. These were not implemented due to time constraints.
- Toggleable enchantment glows
- The return of Customized worlds, "completely different from before", with "no more screens with 50 vague sliders."
- World generation will become data-driven, using json files, allowing for custom structures.
- A portal that would teleport the player to a different place in the Overworld.
- A specific block to craft firework rockets, similar to how looms are used to craft banners.
Notch and other Mojang AB employees have frequently joked about adding various features to the game.
- Searge jokingly stated that due to the fact that people didn't dislike the changes in the 15w42a snapshot, he would add a fuel requirement to crafting tables.
- Koalas in tanks riding on planes with laser rifles was jokingly added to the "maybe later" list by Searge.
- Hot dogs.
- Herobrine. In every new major Minecraft update like Halloween Update, Adventure Update, Pretty Scary Update, Redstone Update, Horse Update, The Update That Changed The World, The Bountiful Update, The Combat Update, The Frostburn Update, The Exploration Update, The World of Color Update, and Update Aquatic, it says "removed Herobrine", but Herobrine was never implemented. This has also appeared in the changelog for Scrolls version 0.103.0.
- When Hardcore mode was announced, a joke screenshot of "Ultra Hardcore Mode" was shown, where death would revoke an account's premium status.
- Jeb joked about adding chips if 100% of the community agreed on what type the chips would be.
- Marc joked about adding Top Hats for 1.4.
- Partially implemented: A snapshot named 12marc40awesome containing various joke features such as volcanoes, more dragons, coral, fish, and fish blocks. Partially added in 1.13 with fish mobs and corals.
- Pine cones.
- Dinnerbone joked about adding skis as entity/item, adding texture only.
- Dinnerbone joked about adding dwarves when asked about it.
- SethBling mentioned a downside of command blocks on one of his livestreams, and Dinnerbone joked about removing command blocks to accommodate him.
- Dinnerbone joked that Minecraft pizza would be a good idea to add, and as a joke KrisJelbring states pizza is confirmed to be added.
- Mojang has made several April Fools jokes:
- In 2011, the locked chest or "Steve Co. Supply Crate" was temporarily added which "allowed" various micro-transactions in the game.
- In 2013, Mojang released Minecraft 2.0 which contained features such as pink withers and redstone bugs.
- In 2014, the default sounds were replaced with a voice (specifically, that of ElementAnimation, a famous YouTuber group known for making several popular videos about Minecraft) saying the name of the sound's source, the music was replaced with a rendition of the title theme of the TV series Game of Thrones (consisting of the word "door" repeated to the tune of the music), and everyone's skins were replaced with modified versions of the villager textures, edited to fit the player model. This was all blamed on the villagers.
- In 2015, Mojang released 15w14a, which made all the mobs in the game friendly and loving.
- In 2016, Mojang released 1.RV-Pre1, which added trendy items of 2016.
- In 2017, the Mine & Craft Digital Leisure Device was announced on the Minecraft website.
- In 2018, Mojang released an 8-bit resource pack to 1.12.x and versions from 17w43a to 18w11a clients.
- “Hey guys, I came second in the Minecon Earth costume contest. I was able to ask jeb_ some questions about 1.14 and Minecon. Heres his answers!” – u/Retro28, November 18, 2017
- “There will be a new grafics setting in Minecraft. There will be a "fancy" and "super fancy" setting. Also the combat system will get an overhaul. #MinecraftCreatorSummit2018” – @docm77, May 30, 2018
- “Spikes (not 100% sure about this)” – Notch, May 21, 2009
- “Coal (Combine with iron ore for steel!)” – Notch, May 21, 2009
- “I'vent look at this yet and can't really tell at the moment. I would like to add birds, fish and tree animals to make it more alive. However this will take some time before it can be done.” – u/jonkagstrom, April 13, 2012
- “I would also like to see this. Terrain changes & big structures are hard though. On my big virtual to-do list is a way to make them easier to do.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “I would also like to see this. Terrain changes & big structures are hard though. On my big virtual to-do list is a way to make them easier to do.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “Yes.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “I'd actually love this. I've wanted it for so long but haven't figured out the best way to do it.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “@MCPENEWSINFO1 Yes, eventually. We are now working towards having the same game on all platforms” – @jeb_, April 4, 2015
- http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6273 – Notch, May 17, 2009
- “Crystal (not sure if it has a use, but imagine finding a large slab of crystal under ground!)” – Notch, May 21, 2009
- “The good part is that I can now have renderable TileEntities, so doors can animate swinging open and whatnot.” – Notch, June 3, 2010
- “I have to say that this is amazing. It would be relatively trivial to add almost immediately, but blocks of clouds would pop in and out of existence if I did it the simple way. I will draw inspiration from this. Thank you, submitter.” – u/xNotch, November 18, 2010
- “That's cool, but it wouldn't really work well with unloaded chunks. Not without weird artifacts and things popping in when you move around, or a pile of hacks that fake all of that. You need to have the chunks with those mountains loaded to know where a 'rain shadow' is accurately.
If the whole world was loaded at all times, this would be easy. A lot of the limitations of Minecraft stem from having to deal with a chunked, dynamically loaded/unloaded world. Everything needs to be very 'local', because there's no global information.” – u/peterix, October 22, 2018
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120204184936/http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/server_portals – November 29, 2010
- “Tomorrow, I will do a seecret friday update. Ooooh! I wonder what it could be? Perhaps hamsters? Perhaps turnips? Who knows!?” – Notch, August 12, 2010
- "Public To-Do List for Notch" (archived) – Toodledo.com
- “@BIindRob no, I've stopped liking that idea. Not sure why.” – @notch, October 20, 2010
- http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2812089385/the-web-server-is-struggling-were-migrating – Notch, January 18, 2011
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120108050113/http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/rainbow_crystalline_caves_and_how – February 7, 2011
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdoH3kzg938&t=198s – February 20, 2011
- http://notch.tumblr.com/post/4746701552/minecraft-beta-1-5-and-some-thoughts-on-this-blog – Notch, April 19, 2011
- “@OhHaiMe It will not update if you leave the map area. It only maps the top level now, but cave maps is an interesting idea..” – @notch, April 27, 2011
- “The code I write to support that will also be possible to reuse in the future for things like books and notes written by players, and possibly even custom paintings/hand drawn signs.” – Notch, April 27, 2011
- “@Maxwilso As soon as I've made preparations for more texture space” – @jeb_, February 9, 2012
- “I haven't looked at this yet. I'm afraid it will add a lot of complexity to the redstone code, but it's definitely doable. It's one of those "later" things.” – u/jeb_, April 4, 2012
- “Question: "Is there going to be an external folder we can just drop the 'schematics' in?" Answer: "That would have been very neat. Would also be cool if the schematics were online and shared automatically, kind of like Spore's creatures. On the question of when, I don't know."” – u/jeb_, April 4, 2012
- “@MinecraftTeachr Let me guess the 'worse': You can only edit at the end of a page =( Didn't have time for multi-line editing this week” – @jeb_, April 26, 2012
- “Silk touch yields two single slabs from a double slab block, equivalent to normal pickaxe usage. This may or may not change. #Minecraft” – @EvilSeph, May 3, 2012
- “*If* we add it for multiplayer, it'd probably be an op-only /pause with an optional automatic pause when everyone's in a menu.” – @Dinnerbone, May 4, 2012
- “@Puremin0rez Pause the whole server. Everyone would see a screen saying "the server is paused because so and so", with chat until unpaused” – @Dinnerbone, May 4, 2012
- “@JarGargon Some day, perhaps. Little tricky right now.” – @Dinnerbone, July 9, 2012
- “In other news, here's something I was playing with after I ran out of bugfixes earlier. http://dinnerbone.com/media/uploads/2012-07/screenshots/2012-07-24_14-26-43.I81819362.png … (No, it's not in 12w30c!)” – @Dinnerbone, July 24, 2012
- “Coding some new mobstuffs. This is hilarious. He has no clothes! :(” – @Dinnerbone, August 13, 2012
- “Working on a very old but popular minecraft suggestion that keeps popping up every so often; I put my new mob on hold for now.” – @Dinnerbone, August 14, 2012
- “@123sendodo No. I've shelved that mob for now.” – @Dinnerbone, September 14, 2012
- “I'm considering a change to maps to allow them to support more colours and texpack customizations, but back-compat would be difficult... Hm.” – @Dinnerbone, August 27, 2012
- “@Brail4 Hard to do "properly". Working on it, but no guarantees.” – @Dinnerbone, August 28, 2012
- “@crash_nick Likely not, but I was considering reusing that space for something else!” – @Dinnerbone, September 26, 2012
- “Fireworks don't affect any gameplay yet, but obviously wolves should be frightened (and maybe other things?)” – @jeb_, December 7, 2012
- https://web.archive.org/web/20141014033213/http://limitedengagement.net/podcasts/010-the-future-of-minecraft/ at 1:47:20
- “They're trying to take another village, so we used their tracks against them and sent in the turrets. I hope this works http://i.imgur.com/HXPKn.jpg ” – @Dinnerbone, January 7, 2013
- https://gist.github.com/Dinnerbone/5662824 – May 28, 2013
- “One of my goals of the new attribute system is to allow Bane of Arthropods to temporarily slow spiders on hit. Only then will I be happy.” – @Dinnerbone, May 30, 2013
- “I would love to see (sharing this with millions of Japanese people?) cherry trees in Minecraft. http://youtu.be/C6xi9JMDv44 @jeb_ @Dinnerbone” – @pgeuder, July 29, 2013
- http://www.twitch.tv/mojang/b/475864771 at 05:56:50 – November 2, 2013
- “@BlackDragon17x I've actually done so in a separate branch, but it's buggy and needs work still. Won't say no, but don't expect it for 1.8.” – @TheMogMiner, November 7, 2013
- “@WesCook There's plans to!” – @Dinnerbone, November 19, 2013
- “@ShuraShpilkin not yet, but you just made me realise a nice feature I could add that should make that possible with a ResourcePack. Thanks!” – @_grum, December 1, 2013
- “Analyzing block placement creates some really hard-to-read and slow code... That's the main reason why a "village house" is just a door. We hope to add better systems for analyzing constructions in the future, but changing the bookshelf layout is not our main priority.” – u/jeb_, December 17, 2013
- “Enchantment that changes blocking could be fun, but I think that could better fit a different system I hope to be working on soon.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “I hope so, but it's really taxing from a technical standpoint.” – u/Dinnerbone, December 18, 2013
- “Yes, with the plugin API. I'd love emotes, I'd love to include support for them (with animations) but they're tricky to do right now. I tell you what; I'll look into a hug animation when I can!” – u/dinnerbone, December 19, 2013
- “I was considering adding basalt, but I didn't want to add another black block. Not now, anyway.” – u/jeb_, January 12, 2014
- “@Tarvii Ain't done yet. Camera controls are on my list.” – @Dinnerbone, January 30, 2014
- “@ledpx It's on the todo list, no idea when it will surface.” – @_grum, February 3, 2014
- “@SaiferMc I plan to!” – @Dinnerbone, February 7, 2014
- “I do have an Ultimate Plan™ with endermites, but it will wait. May also include dragon egg but I haven't discussed this with the team yet.” – @Dinnerbone, March 13, 2014
- “@Brail4 No problem! We're rewriting the inventory system + the keybind system to make stuff like this possible, but I can't guarantee when..” – @Dinnerbone, March 20, 2014
- “@cazzar99 Which bug? Building our own soundengine is on the todo list :(” – @_grum, April 9, 2014
- “@stonepa11 Challenge accepted!” – @TheMogMiner, April 13, 2014
- “I hear you there. It would be nice to make the terrain generation and terrain rendering multithreaded, but the code isn't quite decoupled enough yet to make such a thing easy. It's somewhere on the road map, though.” – u/TheMogMiner, April 24, 2014
- “Yeah, chunk loading is a pretty personal bugbear for me. ...” – u/TheMogMiner, June 7, 2014
- “@DtrollMcModder It's one of the things I'm looking into, actually! Thanks for your input, I'm glad people are looking forward to a fix. :)” – @TheMogMiner, June 6, 2014
- “Is this a thing? Not yet, but maybe in our next snapshot. Well, if we find anyone who actually likes this feature...” – @SeargeDP, June 9, 2014
- “It's not easy to make it work in survival, will discuss options tomorrow to see if we find a nice solution.” – @SeargeDP, June 9, 2014
- “The plan is to eventually have every text that can be displayed on the screen use the text component system, then using § won't be necessary anymore. But that's still work in progress and I don't know exactly when we will finish this task.” – u/Searge, August 7, 2015
- “@TABII98_1911 Yup, can you send me a DM with the pictures?” – @TheMogMiner, July 12, 2014
- “@TABII98_1911 Probably not in this snapshot, but remind me on Friday.” – @TheMogMiner, July 2, 2014
- “@Summanistweets won't be cubic chunks perse. But that will be the unit of storage.” – @_grum, July 17, 2014
- “Yesh yesh y'all http://i.imgur.com/bgm4lpW.png” – @TheMogMiner, June 17, 2014
- “Well, I didn't think cloud height could possibly be controversial among the team, but it is, so out it goes. Sorry for getting hopes up.” – @TheMogMiner, June 17, 2014
- “@docm77 that's not how it works, but I'll write down the idea for something else I plan to add eventually :)” – @SeargeDP, July 23, 2014
- “@cyruschan2003 Maybe one day” – @jeb_, August 7, 2014
- “Armorstands as position markers, with Small, Nogravity and Invisible set to true, DisabledSlots set to 31. Until we have something better.” – @SeargeDP, August 25, 2014
- “@joshnoodle98 No idea what you are doing, but I'm definitely hinting at a marker entity in the future.” – @SeargeDP, August 25, 2014
- “OAuth is still on our todo list, but it's not a high priority right now (or rather, we have a bunch of higher priority things which need to come first) sorry” – u/Dinnerbone, November 25, 2014
- “Next xmas?” – u/jeb_, December 14, 2014
- “Question: @Dinnerbone Is it or will it be possible to set the world border center-point to slowly move? Travelling UHC mode would be cool. Answer: @WorkdayLobster I do want to add this.” – @Dinnerbone, April 24, 2014
- “@Spenny1425 Well, maybe not nachos, but corn could be a fun food source” – @jeb_, Jan 13, 2015
- “@searous Maybe, but we also like the mystery” – @jeb_, February 10, 2015
- https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-73504?focusedCommentId=224785&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-224785 "For 1.8.4 this will be fixed just by keeping the player in the portal block, but this is not ideal and it should make sure we can place them outside if it's a "preferable" spot (ie: not a drop into lava). This will be fixed fully in a later release." – Dinnerbone, April 17, 2015
- “There are no plans right now for entities to use that slot, but it might be a potential change in the future. It's just cleaner to have generic support for the off-hand slot than adding a special-case the player class only.” – u/Searge, June 15, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blkh2fxo6iY – July 5, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3vjmzCV8PY&t=12m17s – July 30, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtOLw1LAarE&t=43m50s – August 10, 2015
- “@JonpotTDS you can't use them, the functionality is disabled in release builds. Some of it will soon be added to /clone, but not in 15w31” – @SeargeDP, Jul 29, 2015
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtOLw1LAarE&t=39m57s – August 10, 2015
- “I have plans, prototyped them, ran into problems, might have a solution ... but can only work on it after the structural changes I want to do in 1.10 :D Also no spoilers! Though those would be fun on a minecart, along with some flame decals =D” – u/_Grum, October 21, 2015
- “@alphaxseven @Dinnerbone @SeargeDP I think we will phase out the furnace minecraft” – @jeb_, February 15, 2016
- “I like this idea! That doesn't mean it will get added right now, though. Two issues; maybe a little too niche, and where would it live? ;)” – u/jeb_, May 16, 2016
- “If the dragon head block would have a banner pattern, what would it look like?” – @jeb_, November 30, 2016
- “Added to our minor polishing list.” – u/jeb_, December 15, 2016
- “Added to our minor polishing list.” – u/jeb_, December 15, 2016
- “I have a branch with a prototype for this somewhere, might have time to work on it for 1.13 :)” – u/_Grum, April 20, 2017
- “Just posting this here so you don't think we nicked the idea from the community: There is a "Pillager" illager on our planned TODO list. It's not going to be a pirate, though.” – u/jeb_, March 27, 2017
- “Other ones we considered:
• Drillager, he comes and pokes holes in things.
• Fillager, he fixes the previous guys stuff.
• Thrillager, really likes heights and scary things.
• Killager, but we kinda already have that.
• Spillager, prevents you from drinking potions.
• Stillager, just stands around blocking important doorways.
• Millager, the only hard working one of the bunch.” – u/Dinnerbone, March 27, 2017
- “• Krillager - Swims around and gets eaten by whales” – u/jeb_, March 27, 2017
- "Meet the Vindicator" – Minecraft.net, June 20, 2017
- "Customized worlds will be returning. I can't speak for the extra options you mentioned though." – u/AlmightyZing
“But after 1.13” – u/_Grum, May 15, 2018
- "Would you really not consider holding off 1.13 until customised worlds are finished? Seems pretty crazy to set a precedent for the chance of losing features for several updates.
We came so close to having access to customising structures in world gen this update too, a shame that hasn't made the cut" – u/DaUltraMarine
“No, they will come back but completely different from before.” – u/_Grum, May 15, 2018
- "No customization until after 1.13, or the other things?" – u/Kobbett
“No more screens with 50 vague sliders indeed.” – u/_Grum, May 15, 2018
- "jebkaile - Mixer" (dead link) "We are changing the world generator. The actual world will more or less look the same, but the way it's generated, it's all data-driven, so you can make your own generator settings in json files."
- "We actually already have ideas for a block like this, but it's not likely to be done for this update sorry! We're trying to move all "complex" recipes out of the crafting table and into a specialized mechanic, as it's basically impossible to teach players about banner patterns or fireworks charges. Thanks for the ideas! <3" by /u/Dinnerbone. Reddit, October 28, 2018.
|Legacy Console Edition|