Java Edition RC1
November 13, 2011
|Release candidate for|
Client (.json) |
RC1 is the first release candidate for Java Edition 1.0.0, released on November 13, 2011, which adds durability to bows, sounds to some mobs, the player, tools and armor, adds some new splashes, and fixes some bugs.
- The Player:
- Damage to player sound was changed to a genderless bone-cracking sound.
- Eating and drinking now have sounds.
- Players and all mobs make the same bone-cracking sound when taking fall damage.
- Arrow landing was changed to a more twangy sound.
- Tools and armor now make a breaking sound, and have a breaking animation.
- Added 28 new splashes and changed 7 of them.
- Changed redstone wire placement on one block from a "+" to a "•" shape.
- Bows now have a durability bar, with 385 uses.
- Bows can be fired without having arrows in Creative mode.
- Thrown eggs now hatch baby chickens.
- "Quit Game" button now appears regardless of how you launch the game.
7 bugs fixed
- Error with the shadowing of the right side of blocks in the inventory is now fixed, being back to what it was in Beta 1.7.
- Fixed wooden door bug from Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6
- The "Particles" option no longer overlaps the warning when playing on far render distance with a 32-bit Java installation.
- Fixed the bug that caused the player's experience level to revert to 0 again after The End credits are finished from Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6.
- The full names of Scaevolus and Hippoplatimus are now used in the ending credits.
- The player can now chat while entering a portal in multiplayer.
- Obsidian's mining time was increased to 8 seconds from ~3 seconds in 1.9 Prerelease 6.
- When RC2 was initially uploaded, the changing of the version number to RC2 was forgotten, causing it to be displayed as RC1. This was later fixed in a reupload.
- "Release candidate 1! Doors can be opened! New sfx! http://assets.minecraft.net/rc1/minecraft.jar ( + minecraft_server.jar)" – @jeb_, November 13, 2011
- "Forgot to change the version number to "RC2". We're professional. :D" – @notch, November 13, 2011
- "Uploaded new RC2 that says "RC2" \o/" – @jeb_, November 13, 2011