Java Edition Infdev 20100327
March 27, 2010
- The game now automatically saves while playing.
- The Far Lands generate 12,550,820 blocks away on the X and Z axes.
- The terrain generator has been revamped.
- The level format has been updated from the Indev level format to the Alpha level format.
- The world saving interface has been revamped. It is now identical to the system seen in Alpha through early Beta.
- Ores will now generate in veins similarly to today
- The player dying causes the contents of their inventory to drop, and respawns the player at the starting location, rather than forcing the player to reload the last save.
- The player no longer starts with any items in new worlds.
- The "generate new level..." button has been replaced with a "single player" button which opens a world selection screen, in which worlds can be loaded, created, and deleted. The "load level.." button has been replaced with a "multi player" button, although it is always grayed out.
- Brick pyramids have been removed.
- Caves and flowers no longer generate, as they are not yet implemented in the new terrain generator.
- The defunct map theme, map shape, and map type buttons have been removed from the interface.
- Debug tools are removed from the player's inventory.
- Slabs have lighting bugs.
- Naturally-generated places that do not have direct exposure to the sky (e.g. cliff overhangs) are completely dark until given a light/block update.
- The top of the map is only lit by the sky and causes crashes.
- After dying, the player's body remains lying where they died. The body can be pushed around and still has the idle animation, as if it were still alive.
- After loading an existing world, ores and trees regenerate if the conditions are correct (e.g. the place where ore would generate is filled with stone).
- Wheat crops retain their growth stage after being broken, resulting in newly-planted crops to take on the growth stage of the crops previously occupying that block.
- Containers (i.e. chests and furnaces) sometimes do not save.
- The Far Lands now generate.
- The game's performance no longer drastically degrades progressively.
- "Infdev's been updated with saving and new terrain" – The Word of Notch, March 27, 2010