Java Edition Infdev 20100227
(Redirected from Java Edition Infdev (February 27, 2010))
February 27, 2010
The first version of Minecraft Infdev was released on February 27, 2010.
- Restores 20 × 10 health, making it the best food in the game.
- Crafted from 8 blocks of gold.
- Generates at the exact same positions regardless of world seed.
- Generate at 0 on X and Z axis.
- Were used to mark the centre of a World.
- As the world now generates infinitely (or at least to 32-bit integer limit), the world generation broke at X/Z ±33,554,432, so all terrain goes to maximum possible height.
- They look very different from the Beta 1.7 Far Lands as they are a giant wall of stone blocks that go from sea level to the height limit.
- A 1536x1536 test skybox, which is completely blue (hex: #0000FF).
- Worlds now generate infinitely
- At X/Z: 1,024, the skybox around the world stops rendering, giving way to a blank light blue sky. At around X/Z: 16,384 blocks away, a noticeable sound glitch begins to take shape. It will always sound like the player is walking on a block, even when they are standing still. At around X/Z: 65,536 blocks away, the hitbox begins to lose its shape. At X/Z: 131,072, the gaps between chunks begin to become jumpy and distorted. These effects begin to double every exponent of two that the player walks from here. At X/Z: 2,097,152, the effects become so severe that the world seems to not render completely at certain angles. At X/Z ±16,777,216, blocks are no longer solid, allowing the player to fall and hit a layer of lava. At X/Z ±33,554,432, this version's "Far Lands" start to generate. At X/Z ±2,147,483,647 (32-bit integer limit), terrain disappears completely and the game crashes.
- The player spawns with 999 glass and 990 planks in new worlds.
- The world now generates "infinitely".
- Entities "no longer work".
- As a result, mobs no longer spawn, third person view does not render the player (although the camera is still pulled out), blocks no longer drop anything, and dropping items effectively deletes them.
- The terrain generates much like it did during Classic.
- Map theme, map shape, and map type no longer have any effect, as all Infdev maps are the same.
- Level saving is no longer functional, as saving a level produces an empty .mclevel file.
- Sand and gravel no longer generate in the map and are unobtainable by normal means.
- The crafting recipe for paintings has changed.
- Crafting recipe now uses sticks instead of planks.
- The player can place a block inside themselves.
- The skybox cuts off after a while.
- Chests crash the game when opened.