Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100204-1
February 4, 2010
Client not archived
A version of Indev 0.31 was released on February 4, 2010.
- Can now avoid cliffs, lava, etc.
- Now follow the player if they get close enough.
- This is preparation for making mobs hostile.
- Pathfinding mobs for fun and profit – The Word of Notch, February 4, 2010
- "Everyone against the new update, post here" (archived) – Minecraft Forum, February 4, 2010. "You're against pathfinding? You want the mobs to just randomly walk around and happily jump off cliffs? Sure, some new problems have been introduced, but it's the DEVELOPMENT version of the game. It's going to be unstable and buggy at times."
- "Everyone against the new update, post here" (archived) – Minecraft Forum, February 4, 2010. "So far, I can't really see a problem with it - Mobs come at me. Once they attack, it'll make sense. It'll also mean that they won't come at me if I'm too far away from them. I like it so far."