Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100203
February 2, 2010
- Added new splashes:
- As seen on TV!
- 100% pure!
- May contain nuts!
- Better than Prey!
- More polygons!
- Limited edition!
- Flashing letters!
- Made by Notch!
- Coming soon!
- Best in class!
- When it's finished!
- Absolutely dragon free!
- More than 4000 sold!
- One of a kind!
- 700+ hits on YouTube!
- Spiders everywhere!
- Check it out!
- Holy cow, man!
- It's a game!
- Made in Sweden!
- Uses LWJGL!
- Reticulating splines!
- Alpha version!
- Keyboard compatible!
- Harder materials no longer require better tools.[note 2]
- No longer require a pickaxe to break the block, although a pickaxe breaks it much faster[note 2]
- Old mobs in MD3 format added.
- Are passive due to their hostile AI missing.
- Now spawn with no wool.
- Removed from the game.
- Two versions may have been released
- Evidence suggests the existence of two versions being released very close to one another.
- The 23:27 blog post announcing this version's release occurred 4 minutes before this page's client jar was packaged (23:31).
- That blog post features Notch complaining about not yet getting mobs to function, yet gameplay of this page's client jar contains all of the old mobs, with animation.
- It is unclear whether Notch's release blog post was intended as a prank, because he ends the post with the teaser, "But I did get some stuff in to this update. I’ll keep the details secret this time, though. (No new crafting)."
- Other possible explanations:
- He might have accidentally (or even intentionally) published a prepared blog post before the building/packaging of that version had finished.
- The building, packaging, uploading, etc. of this version may have encountered a technical issue that took several minutes to resolve.
- Notch's use of "functioning" in his blog post might instead be referring to whether the hostile mobs are able to act with hostility toward the player.
- While some sources imply that this version was released on February 3, it was actually released at 23:27 UTC on February 2 (which is 00:27 on February 3, Sweden time).
- This has been verified during gameplay of this page's client jar, dated February 2, 2010 23:31 UTC.
- "No functioning mobs today, unfortunately" – The Word of Notch, February 2, 2010.