Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100128
January 28, 2010
Client not archived
- Originally named "Emerald Ore"
- Not in Indev house block chest
- Originally named "Emerald Block"
- Not in Indev house block chest
- Could only be obtained by inventory editing and was initially invisible in the inventory.
- At some point, this was changed to the animated version as seen when placed in the world.
- A gear's sprite consisted of two parts; the center rod and the animated gear itself.
- When hacked into the game, a gear could be placed anywhere, but would show nothing in its block space and was invisible unless horizontally adjacent to one or more blocks.
- The placed gear would then show a gear sprite on the near side of each of those blocks.
- A placed gear could not be destroyed by mining a block that its gear sprite was shown on, because the placed gear was actually adjacent to that block.
- If the block a gear sprite was shown on was destroyed, the adjacent placed gear would no longer show that sprite.
- Removing all blocks adjacent to a placed gear would remove all of its visible gear sprites, leaving the placed gear invisible.
- Placed gears could not be destroyed directly by the player; attempts to do so would phase through to the block behind it, much like water.
- A placed gear could only be removed by a liquid flowing into the gear's block space.
- Originally named "Emerald"
- Indev House
- Items added to the tool chest
- Iron sword
- All 16 new item types
- Right-clicking with no hovering stack picks up a single item.
- Left-clicking with a hovering item stack attempts to deposit the full stack.
- It does not deposit more items than would create an item stack larger than the maximum stack size.
- The remainder remains hovering at the pointer.
- Indev house
- Size of starting item stacks in Indev house chests increased from 99 to 100
- Maximum item stack size changed from 99 to 50, except for starting items in Indev house chests
- Graphical glitch when game starts
- Clicking corrects it.
- Textures for Block of diamond and Diamond ore had been added to the jar's terrain.png texture file by, at the latest, January 28, 2010 17:03 UTC, hours before this version was released.
- This is known because they are in the later in-20100129 jar's terrain.png, which was last modified at that same exact time.
- This is evidence that these blocks were added in this version, though as with the gear, they may have only been accessible using inventory editing.
- Evidence of gear introduction in this version:
- The in-20100125-2 jar contains no gear textures.
- The in-20100129 jar does contain gear textures, which are dated January 26, 2010 1:13-1:15 UTC.
- Notch's January 26, 2010 1:36 UTC YouTube video displays functioning gears.
- This is evidence that functional gears were in any version released between January 26, 2010 1:15 UTC and January 29, 2010 14:53 UTC.
- That includes this version.
- Phew, got the inventory cleaned up – The Word of Notch, January 28, 2010 22:31 UTC
- "Minecraft particles, chests and spitting lava blobs. And a surprise." by Nizzotch. . January 26, 2010 1:36 UTC. Archived from the original on April 22, 2018.
- "/Indev/ Test" by LegacyMinecraft. . January 29, 2010 10:32 UTC.
- Crafting on /indev/ now – The Word of Notch, January 29, 2010 15:04 UTC
- Published Image - The Word of Notch, January 28, 2010