Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100125
January 25, 2010
- Added torch, fire, and lava blob particles.[note 1]
- Lava exposed to air becomes stone, similar to how water exposed to air would evaporate.
- Indev House
- Added one more chest, containing a stack of each color of cloth[note 1]
- Cloth is no longer found in the main blocks chest.
- Drowning damage has now been reduced from 2 hearts per second to 1 heart per second.
- Drowning now creates particles around drowning entities.
- No longer damages entities or destroys dropped items.[note 1]
- No longer explodes in water.
- Fuse is now 4 seconds (raised from 2).[note 1]
- Now flashes when lit.
- Fixed the bug causing item switching to make a block unbreakable and cycle through all block textures on it.
- Making sand or gravel fall onto the player's head creates a temporary X-Ray effect.
- This has been verified by gameplay from this version's jar dated January 25, 2010 at 21:01 UTC.
- Tile particle emittors, better explosions, and ads – The Word of Notch, January 25, 2010
- "~Lava hardens to stone over time even without water. It tends to happen around the edges." (archived) by mrfatcat – Minecraft Forum, January 25, 2010.
- "Why doesn't tnt work under water, or even beside it?" (archived) by Alpha_Squad – Minecraft Forum, January 25, 2010.
- "TNT no longer works in water." (archived) by Orj – Minecraft Forum, January 25, 2010.