Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100113
January 13, 2010
Client not archived
- Is now finite.
- Always drains from highest remove location.
- Water does not move on the surface it is on.
- Will not spread out over unfilled water surfaces, if it has an empty space next to it.
- Will evaporate (2⁄3 chance) or copy (1⁄3 chance).
- Flowing water is slightly darker than still water.
- Oceans now have infinite water.
- Rana is not the player model anymore in the inventory, as nothing is in it now.
- It is now possible to pick up more blocks after filling up a stack, however, any new items each form seperate stacks in the inventory.
- Picking up any more items will cause them to go into your armor slots.
A variant of the January 13, 2010, version of Indev 0.31 was released with Creative mode enabled. There are a few bugs with this version due to some Creative mode code that was broken by the time this version came out; for example, blocks are not infinite.
- No more putting it off! Finite water in /indev/! - The Word of Notch, January 13th, 2010
- "Hey, everyone, keep an eye on your inventory. Notch added support for multiple stacks of the same block type (Yay!) ....but they don't work quite right yet." (archived) by LightWarriorK – Minecraft Forum, January 13, 2010.
- "If you pick up another dirt it'll fill in your equip spaces on the top left. it looks weird, having a clot of dirt equipped to your head." (archived) by 8bit – Minecraft Forum, January 14, 2010.
- Minecraft Forums - "Notch turned off the health for a little time and i managed to get on the bottom on the floating islands alive."