Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100110
January 11, 2010
- Used to place fire.
- New tool.
- Used to gather wood four times faster than by hand.
- Added texture to items.png.
- Now sets fire to flammable materials.
- All items can now catch fire.
- Mining a block with the wrong tool is now 50% slower.
- Rearranged the hotbar to include a shovel, pickaxe, axe, flint and steel, and 99 of wool, glass, torches, TNT and bookshelves.
- 99 apples can be found in the inventory instead of the previously unused items.[verify]
- Now edible.
- Restores 4 when eaten.
- All mobs can now catch fire.
- Islands now have more sand.
- Multiplayer is now made fully inaccessible and attempting to connect to a server will crash the game, although multiplayer code still exists in the game.
- Players can place against bedrock on the edges of the world.
From 0.24 SURVIVAL TEST
From Indev 20091223-1
- Due to the addition of tools to mine certain blocktypes faster, there is now a bug where switching an item while mining causes the game to cycle through the entire terrain.png file and overlay its textures on the mined block.(Starts from the cracked animation textures).
- Sand and gravel no longer falls when placed above ground, it needs a block update first.
- This version had a bug which caused the player to drop two items at once when the Q key was pressed. Going back to pick up the items would only give back 1 though. Due to this bug if the player has 2 of a block, then drops the block, it will create an infinite item glitch allowing the player to continue dropping items and be left with 1 item in the inventory each time. Picking up the dropped items would now affect the item count nor stop the glitch.
- It is unknown when this bug was added or removed.
- Working inventory items, burning enemies, and so on – The Word of Notch, January 11, 2010
- Minecraft Indev Glitch – YouTube