Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100107
January 7, 2010
Client not archived
- New level options.
- Level theme (normal, hell).
Normal: This was the default map theme, the map's contents would be based off the level type option. The weather was partly cloudy and trees and flowers would generate
Hell: It featured significantly less lighting during the day. All surface water was replaced with lava. Mushrooms were abundant on the surface.[verify] Surrounding water also became lava.
- Deep floating maps now have layers of islands.
- Fog is now darker in darker areas.
- Mipmapping is now enabled by default.[verify]
- Deep floating maps now have layers of islands – The Word of Notch, January 7, 2010
- Minecraft /indev/ - Youtube
- "I've noticed that fog color is now based on how dark your surroundings are. I didn't notice this in the earlier version, so I'm assuming this is new. It makes a cool eyes adjusting to the light effect when entering and leaving caves." by MCFUser1359 – Minecraft Forum, January 7, 2010.