Java Edition Indev 0.31 20091223-2
December 23, 2009
- Emits light.
- Can now grow in slightly lit areas.
- Do not decay in slightly lit tiles.
- Now produce shadows.
- Particles fall at the normal speed again[verify]
- Placing a TNT block, and then destroying it, will cause the layer below to turn to wood, but only blocks made of the same material get replaced.
- This was intentional and was used by Notch to debug flooding.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20091222.log. December 22, 2009 (UTC−5).
- Tree shadows, grass growing in slightly lit tiles, and torch tiles – The Word of Notch, December 23, 2009
- Minecraft 0.31 Plank Glitch
- IRC logs: "P6:57:41 <AlexVMiner> when you place tnt and delete it certain blocks turn to planks" [...] "P6:57:48 <08Notch> that plank thing is actually on purpose to debug the floodfill, haha" (11:57 UTC)