The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Indev 0.31 20091223-1
December 23, 2009
Client not archived
|This version is currently missing.|
This is the first version of the Indev development cycle of Minecraft.
- Has the player's shadows.
- All other mobs no longer spawn.
- Added dynamic lighting.
- There are 9 different light levels.
- Oddly, blocks in the inventory and hotbar are affected by lighting - upon generating a new world they appear dark, then go back to normal brightness after a while.
- This version, as well as 20091223-2, is in Creative mode.
- Survival mode can be added back via modding as always, however.
- Survival mode[verify]
- The player now spawns with 99 stone slabs, stone, water blocks and lava blocks (leftover from an unreleased Indev 0.30 version)
- TNT was removed from hotbar, and no longer explodes.
- Blocks no longer drop items when mined.
- Arrows can no longer be fired.
- No survival build of this version was released, so these changes go unused, and can only be found via modding.
- Multiplayer was made partially inaccessible (although the multiplayer code still exists and can be re-enabled).
- New W.I.P level format
- Level saving/loading no longer works.
- Flowers in the build screen are now shown with both sprites crossed[verify].
- Oh, ok! Here, play with a version! – The Word of Notch, December 23, 2009