Java Edition Indev 0.31 20091223-1
December 23, 2009
Client not archived
|This version is currently missing.|
While this version is known to exist due to video or photographic evidence or from being mentioned by a developer and may have been publicly available, this version is missing from the launcher and has not been archived elsewhere, meaning that it is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on the talk page.
This is the first version of the Indev development cycle of Minecraft.
- Has the player’s shadows.
- Added dynamic lighting.
- There are 9 different light levels.
- Oddly, blocks in the inventory and hotbar are affected by lighting - depending on how much light is in the area you're in, inventory/hotbar blocks will appear darker or lighter.
- This version, as well as 20091223-2, is in Creative mode.
- Survival mode can be added back via modding as always, however.
- Multiplayer was made partially inaccessible (although the multiplayer code still exists and can be re-enabled).
- "Oh, ok! Here, play with the latest version!" – The Word of Notch, December 23, 2009.