Java Edition Combat Test 8c
August 26, 2020
Combat Test 8c is the ninth experimental version of a future combat revision which changes the mechanics of shields. Although it is a development version for a future release, this combat experiment is a fork of 1.16.2. This version was released only on Reddit, so it does not appear in the launcher or in any Minecraft.net blog post.
- Fixed knockback calculations for shields
- Disabled crouch-shielding while jumping
- Shields with banners are now much stronger than normal shields (10 absorption instead of 5, and better knockback resistance).
- This is just a quick way of testing different types of shields without adding new items, and is not going to actually be implemented.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Combat Test 8c has the same protocol version as Combat Test 8b, which means these versions are cross-compatible with each other.
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.