The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Java Edition Combat Test 5
January 16, 2020
Combat Test 5 is the fifth experimental version of a future combat revision. Although it is a development version for a future release, this combat experiment is a fork of 1.15.2 Pre-release 2. This version was released on Reddit and Minecraft.net, but it does not appear in the launcher.
- Added a "Coyote Time" that activates for a fraction of a second after a player aims at something, but attacks outside its bounding box.
- Lowered the attack damage of most tools and weapons, as shown in the following table:
- Thrown eggs
- Now have a 4-tick cooldown.
- Changed the swing animation to emphasize the rhythm of the attacks.[more information needed]
- High saturation no longer gives a fast regeneration boost.
- Changed food eating speed from 32 game ticks (1.6 seconds) to 40 game ticks (2 seconds).
- The player now naturally regenerates health when above a hunger level of 6 () instead of 18 ( × 9).
- The player now naturally heals every 60 game ticks (3 seconds) instead of every 80 game ticks (4 seconds).
- Natural healing now always drains food points.
- Saturation is not used when healing damage, and is only relevant to other actions that drain the hunger bar.
- The player can now sprint at any hunger value.
- Reintroduced upwards knockback when hitting players in the air.
- Players now get knockback from hits that deal less than half a heart of damage, including no damage.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.