Java Edition Combat Test 5
January 16, 2020
Combat Test 5 is the fifth experimental version of a future combat revision. Although it is a development version for a future release, this combat experiment is a fork of 1.15.2 Pre-release 2. This version was released on Reddit and Minecraft.net, but it does not appear in the launcher.
- Added a "Coyote Time" that activates for a fraction of a second after a player aims at something, but attacks outside its bounding box.
- Lowered the attack damage of most tools and weapons, as shown in the following table:
- Now have an attack damage of 7, instead of 8.
- Thrown eggs
- Now have a 4-tick cooldown.
- Changed the swing animation to emphasize the rhythm of the attacks.[more information needed]
- High saturation no longer gives a fast regeneration boost.
- Changed food eating speed from 32 game ticks (1.6 seconds) to 40 game ticks (2 seconds).
- The player now naturally regenerates health when above a hunger level of 6 () instead of 18 ( × 9).
- The player now naturally heals every 60 game ticks (3 seconds) instead of every 80 game ticks (4 seconds).
- Natural healing now always drains food points.
- Saturation is not used when healing damage, and is only relevant to other actions that drain the hunger bar.
- The player can now sprint at any hunger value.
- Reintroduced upwards knockback when hitting players in the air.
- Players now get knockback from hits that deal less than half a heart of damage, including no damage.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.