Java Edition Combat Test 3
November 1, 2019
October 31, 2019
Combat Test 3 is the third experimental version of a future combat update. Although it is a version for a future major release, this combat experiment is a fork of 1.14.4. This version was released only on Reddit, so it does not appear in the launcher or in any Minecraft.net blog post.
- Added the Chopping enchantment for axes.
- Added a "Shield Indicator" option that displays when the shield is active, similar to the attack indicator.
- Found in video settings, the available options are "OFF", "Crosshair" or "Hotbar".
- Added an option to hide shields when active.
- Found in video settings and labeled "Shield Animation".
- Now always disable shields for 1.6 seconds (32 game ticks), instead of having a 25% to disable them for 5 seconds (100 game ticks).
- Now take only 1 damage when attacking instead of 2.
- Changed attack speed from 2.5 back to 3.0.
- The attack key can again be held down to automatically attack when the attack meter is full.
- Attacks now only happen when the sword is at 120% charge, slower than if attacks were timed.
- No longer trigger a mob's invulnerability timer, which means that Multishot can hit and deal damage to the same mob with all three arrows.
- Knockback resistance is now on a scale instead of being random.
- Arc of available protection has been decreased to 100 degrees instead of 180 degrees (i.e., attacks from outside this arc of 100° will not be blocked).
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.
- "Updated Combat Test Snapshot (number 3) and a custom map for combat testing" – u/jeb_ on Reddit, November 1, 2019