The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Classic server 1.4
June 13, 2009
|This version is currently missing.|
- The server now checks all incoming strings, verifies that they are all within reasonable limits, and kicks the sender if they are not.
- Server output is now logged in file server.log
- Fixed an exploit where people could crash everyone connected to a server by sending a fake text message.
- The client would gladly attempt to render weird unicode characters, but would crash when trying to look up entry ten thousand in a 256 entry array.
- June 13 IRC logs: IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090613.log. June 13, 2009 (UTC−5).
- June 14 IRC logs: IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090614.log. June 14, 2009 (UTC−5).
- "New server update, 1.4" – Notch, June 13, 2009, Tumblr
- June 13 IRC logs: "A8:30:10 <Notch> there's a new minecraft-server.zip up" (13:30:10UTC)
- June 14 IRC logs: "A5:57:41 <Notch> there is a teleport command in the new server. =)", "A5:57:48 <Notch> /teleport <name>" (10:57 UTC)
- June 13 IRC logs: "P6:38:36 <smn> Notch, is there any way to log server output?", "P6:38:47 <Notch> it should do so already since the latest server update!", "P6:38:49 <Notch> server.log" (23:38 UTC)
- June 13 IRC lgos: "A9:22:34 <Notch> robink93: new server.zip up" (14:22:34 UTC)
- "If you get the "clicked outside the map" error," – Notch, June 13, 2010, Tumblr
- June 13 IRC logs: "A9:15:36 <robink93> Cheat detected: clicked outside map." [...] "A9:15:51 <Notch> and it wasn't, robink93?", "A9:15:54 <robink93> yes it was", "A9:16:02 <robink93> jump, place block under, repeat", "A9:16:09 <Notch> ok, I can make it not kick on that, I guess. :D" (14:15 to 14:16 UTC)