Java Edition Classic 0.28
October 27, 2009
Client not archived
|This version is currently missing.|
While this version is known to exist due to video or photographic evidence or from being mentioned by a developer and may have been publicly available, this version is missing from the launcher and has not been archived elsewhere, meaning that it is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on the talk page.
Note that the screenshot shows a texture pack enabled. This is the only known screenshot of 0.28 currently.
- Drop 1-3 wool when hit
- Drop 0-2 mushrooms when killed
- Reward the player with 10 points when killed
- Technically unused as the survival variant of 0.28 went unreleased (albeit most likely compiled at one point)
- Very durable.
- Drops 1 cobblestone block when mined.
- Dark and Light Gray cloth is now darker.
- Added the ability to change gamemodes via an internal value, allowing for creative mode versions to be created again.
- Altered the level saving/loading code.
- Added Ores, Stone Slabs, Iron and Gold Blocks, Bricks, Bookshelves, Moss Stone, and TNT to the creative inventory
- Re-added menu and death screen shading
- When the player stands near/inside another player, it pushes the player away slightly.
- It's possible to walk through a player, but it feels slightly "solid".
- Higher FPS.
- Left click removes block
- Right click adds block
- Survival Mode
- Only sheep will spawn
- Other mobs can still exist and still function as normal
- TNT disappears upon detonation
- Blocks do not drop items (although Sheep still do)
- Fixed a bug where the Pick Block feature did not work.
- Fixed exploit where someone logging in with an illegal name would cause players to disconnect.
- The side of the water texture no longer has a pink bar on top
- The skinny on the creative mode update – The Word of Notch, October 27, 2009