Java Edition Classic 0.28
For developmental versions of 0.28, see Java Edition Classic 0.28/Development.
October 27, 2009
- Re-added Creative mode.
- Gamemodes are now changed via a line in
- Drop 1–3 cloth when hit.
- Drop 0–2 mushrooms when killed.
- Reward the player with 10 points when killed.
- Are only available in Survival mode, which is disabled in this version.
- Very durable.
- Drops 1 cobblestone when mined.
- Altered the level saving/loading code.
- Added Ores, Stone Slabs, Iron and Gold Blocks, Bricks, Bookshelves, Moss Stone, and TNT to the creative inventory.
- Re-added menu and death screen shading.
- The rendering engine now supports two layers of transparency.[verify]
- Now works again
- When the player stands near/inside another player, it pushes the player away slightly.
- It's possible to walk through a player, but it feels slightly "solid".
- Higher FPS.
- Left-click removes a block.
- Right-click adds a block.
- The hotbar no longer saves when a new level is generated.
- Pick-block now works, attack speed is no longer limited, and reach increased back to 5 blocks (Creative only).
- Arrow counter is hidden in Creative mode.
- Only available through modding the client.
- Only sheep will spawn.
- Other mobs can still exist and still function as normal.
- TNT disappears upon detonation.
- Blocks do not drop items (although sheep still do).
From 0.24 SURVIVAL TEST
- Looking at glass now makes glass textures directly behind it disappear once again.[verify]
From 0.26 SURVIVAL TEST
- Water and lava no longer display parts of other textures.
- Slabs can be placed under slabs without them collapsing into a full block. (Still can't be placed on top though)
- Top slab texture is no longer invisible if there is a block directly above.
- Placing a block on a slab no longer causes it to become a double-slab.
- Fixed exploit where someone logging in with an illegal name would cause players to disconnect.
- "The skinny on the creative mode update" – The Word of Notch, October 27, 2009