The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Classic 0.28
October 27, 2009
Client not archived
|This version is currently missing.|
- Drop 1-3 wool when hit.
- Drop 0-2 mushrooms when killed.
- Reward the player with 10 points when killed.
- Technically unused as the survival variant of 0.28 went unreleased (albeit most likely compiled at one point).
- Very durable.
- Drops 1 cobblestone block when mined.
- Added the ability to change gamemodes via an internal value, allowing for creative mode versions to be created again.
- Altered the level saving/loading code.
- Added Ores, Stone Slabs, Iron and Gold Blocks, Bricks, Bookshelves, Moss Stone, and TNT to the creative inventory.
- Re-added menu and death screen shading.
- When the player stands near/inside another player, it pushes the player away slightly.
- It's possible to walk through a player, but it feels slightly "solid".
- Higher FPS.
- Left-click removes a block.
- Right-click adds a block.
- Survival Mode
- Only sheep will spawn.
- Other mobs can still exist and still function as normal.
- TNT disappears upon detonation.
- Blocks do not drop items (although sheep still do).
- W.I.P survival multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where the Pick Block feature did not work.
- Fixed exploit where someone logging in with an illegal name would cause players to disconnect.
- Looking at glass now makes glass textures directly behind it disappear once again.[verify]
- "The skinny on the creative mode update" – The Word of Notch, October 27, 2009