Java Edition Classic 0.24_SURVIVAL_TEST
For developmental versions of 0.24, see Java Edition Classic 0.24 SURVIVAL TEST/Development.
September 1, 2009
Client not archived
- Added as an entity.
- Can be spawned by pressing B.
- Can not be edited.
- Always say "This is a test of the signs. Each line can be 15 chars!"
- Can be shot by pressing Tab ↹.
- Took 7 shots to kill mobs. Deal 3 damage.
- Are a lot darker than normal.
- Return to normal when hit.
- Explode on death.
- Deal 2 to 6 damage upon hit and up to 12 × 6 damage upon death in its explosion.[verify]
- Deal 1 to 6 damage.
- Deal 1 to 7 damage.
- Survival mode
- Score can only be seen after death.
- Killing zombies give 100 points.
- Killing skeletons give 100 points.
- Killing creepers give 250 points.
- Killing pigs give 10 points.
- Visual feature only; provides no protection.
- Can only be worn as a helmet or chestplate by zombie and skeletons.
- Readded sapling particles, although they are now darker than before.[verify]
- Options menu
- Bobbing and the View Bobbing option added.
- 3D anaglyph added.
- Level size options under "Generate New Level" are now closer together.
- Mobs and players jump back and flash white when taking damage, and have a dying animation.
- Enemies fall over when killed.
- Right-click to build and left click to mine.
- The player can autojump again.
- Player reach reduced by 1 block.
- Block outline
- White block selection box removed
- Brown mushrooms heal 5 when eaten.
- Red mushroom deplete 3 when eaten.
- Mushrooms no longer decay in darkness.
- Will now grow into a tree if there is enough space and it is placed on grass.
- New level generator.
- Faster rendering.
- If a creeper blows up a liquid, the liquid will drop itself.
- Cracking animation only shows on one side of a block.
- Skeletons can enter 1-block-high holes.
- Minecraft crashed upon loading for some users.
- OpenGL invalid value bug.
- Arrows do not deal damage after flying for more than 1 second.
- Middle-clicking a block (pick-block) adds it into the player's inventory even when they do not yet have that block.
- Only works on blocks that could previously be copied.
- Doing so will replace the blocktype of whatever you are holding, but not the amount of it.
- Placing a block at build limit will consume the block, destroying it without placing anything.
- Looking at glass no longer makes glass textures directly behind it disappear.[verify]
- Walking on the very edge of a block will cause the amount of sounds required to play to build up. Once the player stands on a block, those sounds play every 0.125 seconds.
- Removed creative mode.
- Removed liquid raising, although sand and gravel will still fall through liquids.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090901.log. September 1, 2009 (UTC−5).
- "Minecraft Survival Mode - Reaper Creeper"– Telkir on YouTube, September 1, 2009
- "Survival Mode Test Released" – The Word of Notch
- IRC logs: "A11:54:53 <08Notch> http://www.minecraft.net/survivaltest/" (16:54:53 UTC)
- "Minecraft Survival development update"– Internet Video Archive on YouTube
- IRC logs: "P1:23:30 <Drakim> yeah, guys, the bottom is all lava"
- IRC logs: "A11:57:36 <Sharkz> creeper took out loads of water and it dropped water blocks i can place to raise water level"
- IRC logs: "A11:59:28 <liq3> Notch: Cracks are only drawning on one face. :("
- IRC logs: "P12:00:12 <darkparadox> it says the game broke :\"
- IRC logs: "P12:02:40 <Zarigani> OpenGL Exception: invalid value 1281"
- IRC logs: "P12:47:58 <AnnihilatorBeta> if you middle mouse click on a block, you'll get it added to your inventory [...] P12:52:31 <Mikeh> I had 42 soil chunks, Middle clicked a mushroom and now I have 42 red mushrooms, Wooooo"
- IRC logs: "P12:53:08 <Snowman> You can't clone ore [...] P12:53:47 <setveen> Well notch, not really a problem with survivor, but when you middle click an admin block, nothing happenes"