Java Edition Classic 0.0.9a
0.0.9a was a version of Classic released on May 16, 2009, at 19:15 UTC, which added a new building mode and a counter for displaying frame rate and chunk updates, and changed the resolution.
Notch skipped versions 0.0.4a through 0.0.8a.[note 1]
- Right click switches between placing and destroying modes.
- Selecting a block now shows a white overlay on all sides of the block.
- Added a frame rate and chunk update counter
- Located in the top left corner.
- Changed the game's resolution from 1024×768 to 640×480.
- Fixed a graphical glitch with preview tiles in the newly added build mode.
- Players can no longer build inside of themselves.
- The white screen issue from 0.0.3a still affects the game.
- This version had a bug where the screen turned white for one user. 
- "TigIRC logs" (archived) – Archive.org, May 16, 2009, UTC–4.
- "lwjgl IRC logs" (archived) – Echelog, May 17, 2009 (UTC+2).
- "Minecraft (alpha)" – Tigsource Forums, May 17, 2009.
- "castle.png" (Archive) – jwaap, PhotoBucket; as mentioned in Tigsource and IRC logs ("(16:34:37) jw: http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo269/jwaap/castle.png")
- Archived video (non-functional)
- TigIRC logs: "(15:15:08) notch: new version out, you can't build in a space you're occupying, and I fixed a small graphical glitch with preview tiles" [...] "(16:11:54) jw: minecraft is awesome D;", "(16:11:57) jw: and in your browser" [...] "(16:15:06) jw: I am so building a castle" [...] "(16:34:37) jw: http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo269/jwaap/castle.png" (19:15 to 20:34 UTC)
- lwjgl IRC logs: "[13:15:36] <Notch_> i did a small update late last night, but nothing that should fix that, I think" (May 17, 11:15 UTC)
- TigIRC logs: "(14:05:16) notch: fartron: I uploaded 0.0.3 with caves. Does it load the new version properly if you reload the page?" (18:05 UTC)
- TigIRC logs: "(14:49:37) notch: I'm switching so that rmb = toggle edit mode now"
- TigIRC logs: "(04:18:12) SimonTheDigger: all I get is a white screen" [...] "(04:21:12) Super-Dot: I got the white screen too, on Windows" [...] "(04:21:55) notch: If you're on an Eee, that's probably why. I get the same thing on mine" (08:18 to 08:21 UTC, May 17)
- TigIRC logs: "(16:59:42) Super-Dot: Hmm, white screen"