Java Edition Classic 0.0.2a
May 16, 2009
Client not archived
|This version is currently missing.|
While known to exist and to have been publicly available due to video or photographic evidence or from being mentioned by a developer, this version is missing from the launcher and has not been archived elsewhere, meaning that it is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on this page's talk page.
- Added a version number to the top-left corner.
- Fixed more issues with mouse looking.
- When a key is pressed down and the game is blurred without being clicked out of, the game will still register that key being pressed. This still occurs in modern Minecraft, making this the game's oldest bug.
- Some issues reported were low sensitivity, crashing, jerky mouse looking, and low FPS.
- This was deemed "relatively stable" by Notch, and the URL for the game was posted to other users in the IRC channel.
- "TigIRC logs" – Archive.org, May 16, 2009, UTC–4.
- TigIRC logs: (12:52:42) notch: I uploaded a new version with a (huge annoying) version label
- TigIRC logs: (13:05:07) notch: does it say "0.0.2a" in the top left corner of the applet? [...] (13:08:05) notch: dock: If you have the courage to run it again, i'd love to know if you get version 0.0.2 and what the mouse look is on in there.. [...] (13:08:31) fartron: i have 0.0.2a now [...] (13:08:41) dock: yes this is 0.0.2a
- TigIRC logs: (13:09:14) fartron: mouse look is good again
- TigIRC logs: (13:23:42) notch: so if you walk forwards and tab out, it should keep walking forever. Which is a bug.
- , resolved as "Invalid" because it is an issue with LWJGL.
- TigIRC logs: (13:28:39) Dragonene: notch: it's damned sweet, but it's unplayable because of the low sens, and it crashed the browser on exit
- TigIRC logs: (13:29:31) Dragonene: FPS is fine but looking around is really awkward [...] (13:29:53) Dragonene: jerky and slow
- TigIRC logs: (13:36:02) Dragonene: i'm most certainly *not* getting high fps
- TigIRC logs: (13:11:24) notch: ok, I deem this "relatively stable" now, so if anyone else wants to help test:
(13:11:25) notch: http://www.mojang.com/notch/minecraft/