The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Classic 0.0.22a
June 29, 2009
|This version is currently missing.|
0.0.22a was reuploaded at 21:58 UTC to fix players not being able to connect to servers.
- Added basic sounds.
- Added piano music by C418.
- Includes calm2/calm4.
- Replaced the FPS meter with a frame-rate limiter.
- FPS is now limited to 200.
- Brightened the texture of lava.
- Pre-reupload: Players can no longer connect to servers.
- Sounds are very laggy and choppy in this version for some users.
- Walking sounds continue for a while after the player stops moving.
- Breaking a plant in darkness no longer produces particles.[verify]
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090629.log. June 29, 2009 (UTC−5).
- IRC logs: "P5:21:52 <Rroff> before on just plain 22a sound was fine for me". (22:21:52 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:56:47 <akuryo> notch you did an update?", "P4:56:55 <AlLnAtuRalX> Notch, server update?". (21:56 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:58:33 <08Notch> there we go, the client should work again". (21:58:33 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:58:39 <08Notch> yeah, this is very basic sound". (21:58:39 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:59:46 <akuryo> SOUND IS HERE" (21:59:46 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:59:07 <C418> I actually really love the destroying sound being footsteps". (21:59:07 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:58:59 <AlLnAtuRalX> I love the walk on glass sound". (21:58:59 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:01:06 <AlLnAtuRalX> the footsteps on cloth / grass one" (22:01:06 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:00:04 <AlLnAtuRalX> I hear music?" [...] "P5:00:59 <Quatroking> what the hell is this music" [...] "P5:03:36 <Lmaoboat> Lol, I heared the music after a a while without it, and I was about to yell at my brother for playing the piano again" (22:00:04 to 22:03:36 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:01:51 <C418> I should have made hard techno" [...] "P5:46:34 <08Notch> no, C418 did the music" (22:01:51 & 22:46:34 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:59:36 <08Notch> haha, I included my test song, haha" [...] "P5:52:55 <Syndlig> C418: Are calm2 and calm4 the same song?" [...] "P5:53:03 <08Notch> Syndlig: calm4 was my test song.." [...] "P5:53:39 <08Notch> so to get rid of it fast, I just duplicated calm2 over calm4" (21:59:36 to 22:53:39 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:06:14 <08Notch> i took out the fps meter" [...] P5:06:18 <08Notch> and added a framerate limiter". (22:06 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:05:14 <Fishlips> thank you so much for making lava look a thousand times better!" [...] "P5:08:36 <Evil-Ville> ah you made lava brighter" [...] "P5:10:35 <Fishlips> lava has been changed" [...] "P5:10:39 <Quatroking> Yep" [...] "P5:10:46 <Quatroking> just checked the pic on the wiki and this one is brighter" [...] "P5:10:58 <AlLnAtuRalX> New lava owns" (22:05:14 to 22:10:58 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:56:42 <akuryo> I CAN NOT CONNECT ON ANY SERVER". (21:56:42 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:58:34 <AlLnAtuRalX> my sound lags also" [...] "P5:00:37 <AlLnAtuRalX> like a millisecond of sound, a millisecond without" (21:58:34 & 22:00:37 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:00:34 <vdgmprgrmr> It's extremely choppy." [...] "P5:00:51 <vdgmprgrmr> I can't even tell what the sound is supposed to be it's so choppy." (22:00 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:01:51 <vdgmprgrmr> My walking sounds keep going for about a minute after I stop walking.". (22:01:51 UTC)