Java Edition Classic 0.0.21a
June 22, 2009
- Now has a gray background.
- It is now possible to walk and change slots while in the inventory.
- World generation
- "Carving" section of world generation has been changed slightly, causing the world to take longer to generate.
- Higher FPS on some computers.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to be impossible to play on MacBook.
- Fixed a bug with OpenGL picking.
- Changed to using raycasting.
- Fixed a problem with not being able to highlight blocks.
- Pre-reupload: mouse autoclicking no longer works.
The following lists the changes in the reupload of 0.0.21a.
- Auto-clicking now works again.
- Reach was increased by a little more than 2 blocks.
- If a plant is in the shade, then selected, its sprite will vanish.
- Introduced a hang bug, causing the game to suddenly freeze at random times.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090622.log. June 22, 2009 (UTC−5).
- IRC logs: "P2:52:16 <Notch> 0.0.21a is up, fixing the long standing picking bug" (19:52:16 UTC)
- "minecrafting" – Lil fimbul on YouTube, June 23, 2009
- "New client, fixes a few annoyances" – The Word of Notch, June 22, 2009
- IRC logs: "P3:12:15 <peerkoel> hm, client version is still 0.0.21a?" (20:12:15 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:09:13 <Notch> client is updated again" [...] "P3:10:20 <Notch> does autoclick work now?" (20:09:13 to 20:10:20 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P2:52:22 <Notch> also, new B-menu", "P2:52:28 <Notch> you can walk and change slot with it up now" (19:52 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P2:54:48 <greenslimy> Notch, Im on single player and generating a map is so slow >.>" [...] "P2:57:04 <Notch> carving changed a bit" (19:54:48 & 19:57:04 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P2:58:28 <peerkoel> Notch: what exactly was the picking bug?" [...] P2:58:40 <Notch> opengl picking wasn't working right on some cards" (19:58 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P2:58:54 <Notch> so I changed it to a pure software implementation (raycasting)", "P2:58:57 <Notch> it's also ten times faster, heh" (19:58 UTC)
- IRC logs: P4:05:10 <Haruhi2> I fixed the problem" [...] "P4:05:17 <Haruhi2> with not being able to highlight" [...] "P4:05:41 <Notch> actually, 0.0.21a fixes it at well" [...] "P4:05:51 <Notch> all highlighting is done is software now. =)" (21:05 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:00:13 <PuyoDead> no auto click is killing me already" (20:00:13 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:12:45 <AlLnAtuRalX> Notch, thanks for increasing build distance" (20:12:45 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:13:23 <vdgmprgrmr> I noticed that, if any plant is in the shade, and you move your cursor over it while in delete mode, a transparent white box will appear like normal, but the actual plant sprites will vanish." (20:12:23 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P3:53:52 <flak> minecraft keeps randomly hanging my furryfaux", "P3:53:56 <Maulrus> same", "P3:54:05 <vdgmprgrmr> Same as flak." [...] "P3:54:20 <Maulrus> minecraft crashes it and I have to close the tab quickly when I restart it or it'll freeze it again", "P3:54:23 <Maulrus> but not often", "P3:54:24 <vdgmprgrmr> But it happens pretty rarely..." [...] "P3:55:15 <ZomBuster> it randomly freezes" (20:53:52 to 20:55:15 UTC)