The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Classic 0.0.20a_01
June 20, 2009
Client not archived
|This version is currently missing.|
- Dirt and cobblestone positions are now switched to third and second slots in the hotbar, respectively.
- Fixed a bug that caused clients to build unbreakable blocks.
- Fixed a protocol error.
- Fixed FPS issues.
- Water transparency is bugged.
- Usernames are now harder to read.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20090620.log. June 20, 2009 (UTC−5).
- "New minecraft-server.zip, new client" – Notch, June 20, 2009, Tumblr – This blog post mentions that it fixed players being able to build using unbreakable blocks, which is also mentioned in the IRC logs: "P4:09:25 <Notch> new minecraft-server.zip that doesn't allow that block" (21:09:25 UTC), therefore the blog post does refer to this version.
- IRC logs: "P4:11:32 <Awol10> wingboy: tried downloading again. the jar file should have an 11:09pm timestamp" (21:11:32 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P5:05:09 <mezo> notch, in the last version dirt was 2 and cobble was 3, now it's the other way around" [...] "P5:05:23 <Notch> ah! that's intentional, mezo" (22:05 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:13:25 <Notch> does it work better now?" [...] "P4:13:36 <LKA> Notch: FPS is fine now but water transparency is broken now" (21:13 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:12:28 <LKA> water transparency is being hilariously awkward" (21:14:23 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:14:23 <LKA> I dunno, for me sometimes the water is opaqe then I look down from the surface and I can see through it just fine" (21:14:23 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:16:04 <Syndlig> Looking straight down at water..." [...] "P4:16:08 <Syndlig> It turns into a grid.", "P4:16:14 <Syndlig> Light blue lines at the corners of the water tiles." [...] "P4:16:38 <Notch> yeah, water tiles have weird borders" [...] "P4:17:26 <LKA> It goes through various shades of opaqueness" (21:16 to 21:17 UTC)
- IRC logs: "P4:14:32 <paul|2> I'm getting errors with names" [...] "P4:14:38 <paul|2> the dropshadow gets a bit weird" [...] "P4:28:04 <Syndlig> The closer a player is to you the whiter their name gets." [...] "P4:28:12 <Syndlig> If they're next to you the name is white-on-white and unreadable." [...] "P4:29:38 <wingboy> the names above peoples head look weird" [...] "P4:30:30 <ez> yes, names look odd" (21:24 to 21:28 UTC)