The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Java Edition Classic 0.0.14a
|This version is currently missing.|
While this version is known to exist it is missing from the launcher and has not been archived elsewhere, meaning that it is currently lost.
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post on the talk page.
It is worth noting that numerous fake copies of this version exist, so please consider checking the dates of the files inside.
May 27, 2009
- Controller support.
- Scroll-wheel block picking support.
- Will only pick blocks that can be selected by number keys.
- Improved level format, now supporting the ability to save entities to levels.
- Added Clouds.
- Holding down a mouse button allows for auto-building or breaking a block every 0.25 seconds.
- New terrain generator.
- Render distance is now controlled by fog rather than blank areas.
- Ability to choose level size.
- Both Sand and Gravel are affected by gravity - if placed above any number of air blocks, the Sand or Gravel immediately appears at the bottom.
- Gold Ore
- Iron Ore
- Coal Ore
- When broken, particles fall at normal speed.
- Made of logs and leaves.
- Now replaces all generated air blocks in caves below y=11.
- Many features implemented in 0.0.14a are commonly erroneously cited as being implemented in the version 0.0.14a_01.
What trees looked like in this version.
A video uploaded by Notch showcased a test where blocks conform depending on what blocks are next to them.
- IRC logs, #minecraft.20090528.log (May 28, 2009, UTC+2)
- "0.0.14a is up at minecraft.net" – The Word of Notch, May 28, 2009.
- "Holy crap new tiles!" – TigSource, May 27, 2009, 15:31:58, UTC−8
- IRC logs: "(00:26:45) <TheMystic89> seeing a nice number up to the left too", "(00:26:54) <Rotab> 0.0.14? =D" (May 27, 2009, 22:26 UTC)
- "Minecraft water flow test" – YouTube, May 23, 2009. (Archive)
- IRC logs: "(00:24:59) <TrueWolves> Minecraft is not working!" [...] "(00:28:11) <@notch> it doesn't seem to load levels properly, I'm trying to fix" [...] "(00:36:35) <@notch> 0.0.14a_01 is up, fixing the level load bug" (May 27, 2009, 22:24 to 22:36 UTC)
- IRC logs: "(00:27) <Rotab> notch: i have superspeed D:" (May 27, 2009, 22:24 to 22:36 UTC)
- "Block of the Week: Leaves" – Minecraft.net, August 18, 2017
- "A bit of a clearer view of the trees" – The Word of Notch, May 23, 2009.
- "Vertex and color offsets in minecraft" – Nizzotch, May 25, 2009 – via YouTube (Archive)