Java Edition Classic 0.0.14a
May 27, 2009
- Scroll-wheel block picking support.
- Will only pick blocks that can be selected by number keys.
- Improved level format, now supporting the ability to save entities to levels.
- There is now a cap to how many mobs can exist in a world.
- Added Clouds.
- Holding down a mouse button allows for auto-building or breaking a block every 0.25 seconds.
- New terrain generator.
- Render distance is now controlled by fog rather than blank areas.
- Ability to choose level size.
- Both Sand and Gravel are affected by gravity - if placed above any number of air blocks, the Sand or Gravel immediately appears at the bottom.
- Gold Ore
- Iron Ore
- Coal Ore
- When broken, particles fall at normal speed.
- Made of logs and leaves.
- Levels do not load properly.
- Players move very fast sometimes.
- Selecting a plant in darkness causes its texture to disappear.[verify]
- Many features implemented in 0.0.14a are commonly erroneously cited as being implemented in the version 0.0.14a_01.
What trees looked like in this version.
A video uploaded by Notch showcased a test where blocks conform depending on what blocks are next to them.
- IRC logs, #minecraft.20090528.log (May 28, 2009, UTC+2)
- "0.0.14a is up at minecraft.net" – The Word of Notch, May 28, 2009.
- "Holy crap new tiles!" – TigSource, May 27, 2009, 15:31:58, UTC−8
- IRC logs: "(00:26:45) <TheMystic89> seeing a nice number up to the left too", "(00:26:54) <Rotab> 0.0.14? =D" (May 27, 2009, 22:26 UTC)
- "Minecraft water flow test" – YouTube, May 23, 2009. (Archive)
- IRC logs: "(00:24:59) <TrueWolves> Minecraft is not working!" [...] "(00:28:11) <@notch> it doesn't seem to load levels properly, I'm trying to fix" [...] "(00:36:35) <@notch> 0.0.14a_01 is up, fixing the level load bug" (May 27, 2009, 22:24 to 22:36 UTC)
- IRC logs: "(00:27) <Rotab> notch: i have superspeed D:" (May 27, 2009, 22:24 to 22:36 UTC)
- "Block of the Week: Leaves" – Minecraft.net, August 18, 2017
- "A bit of a clearer view of the trees" – The Word of Notch, May 23, 2009.
- "Vertex and color offsets in minecraft"– Nizzotch on YouTube, May 25, 2009 (Archive)