Java Edition Classic 0.0.13a_03
Original: May 22, 2009
A version of 0.0.13a_03 repackaged with signature files from 2013 is available in the launcher. Another version with a date of 2009 has also been archived, bit-for-bit identical (aside from signature files)[note 1] and with no difference in gameplay.
It is not known if 0.0.13a_01 or 0.0.13a_02 existed.
- Humans no longer spawn on level generation.
- Lava lakes no longer spawn above sea level.
- Pressing ESC while in a menu will exit out of the menu.
- The source code of minecraft.jar is now obfuscated.[note 2]
- Fixed a bug on level saving by updating the LWJGL version.
- Excluding the files in the META-INF folder (signature files, which are unrelated to actual properties of the game), all contents of for the 2009 and 2013 variants of this version were compared at the byte level and found to be exactly identical.
- The variant of 0.0.13a_03 released in 2009 is the earliest version known for certain to have obfuscated code, as confirmed by analysis of clients' .jar files. Code obfuscation might have been first done in a released version as early as 0.0.13a, but this cannot yet as the variant of 0.0.13a released in 2009 is currently lost, so its contents cannot be checked for obfuscation, and the launcher variant of 0.0.13a was likely an earlier development copy of that version, so its lack of obfuscation can prove nothing about the 2009 variant of 0.0.13a that was actually released.
- .jar file has a compilation time of 20:13 UTC+2.
- "Ok, so here's the deal on the problems with level loading" – Notch, May 22, 2009, Tumblr